TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:20 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:56 am 

SSGTi12345 wrote:
yes how much does eibach springs lower the car :D
about 2.5 inches

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:57 am 

are those pro-kit or sportline? or do they have some different name for the spring types that they sell there?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 pm 

Anybody know of some coilovers for my 1992 Swift GT? Anybody used the kit from Suzuki race development??

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 pm 

just a lil heads up for any one that ever needs to replace the lateral links on there MK2/3 cars. The links from 89-94 are shorter than the ones from the 95-present cars by half an inch. I source all my parts so i found out the hard way, but figured I'd let every one in on the info.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:31 pm 

sprint3T wrote:
just a lil heads up for any one that ever needs to replace the lateral links on there MK2/3 cars. The links from 89-94 are shorter than the ones from the 95-present cars by half an inch. I source all my parts so i found out the hard way, but figured I'd let every one in on the info.

Uhhh - I though this was common knowledge, but, I guess I was worng - so - just in case you're not already aware - the post 95 cars are different - it's not just the lateral links that are different (longer), the control arms, the springs, etc., and at both ends.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm 

anyone try megan coilover springs on fonis yet. they carry all the typical honda aplications. ive had a set of their track coilovers for my s13 for about 3 years with no problems. thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:34 pm 

Can anyone say what is the spring rate of H&R sport springs ??

Im thinking about going a little stiffer but dont know how these compare to stock.

I also want to know whether there are poly bushings for the rear control rods or should I just put new ones ??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 am 

where can you buy ready install polyurethane bushings set for mk5 '96 swift. with correct part num and whatnot....

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:05 am 

ponzy wrote:
where can you buy ready install polyurethane bushings set for mk5 '96 swift. with correct part num and whatnot....

thanks

the topic of bushings has been gone over many times but unfortunately, the sticky and other posts, are way old and most of the links and pics dont work any more.

I have recently attempted to find stock/cheap lower control arm bushings (front and rear) for my mk2 with nothing but frustration found. So, this is what I have found to be most successful... The whiteline site BLOWS. I spoke the to techs/management in person recently here in Vegas at the Sema show. When I brought up our cars, they smiled like I was talking about a go-cart and said "oh yeah, I think we make things for those cars". If you want whiteline, which is a great product, the product information like part numbers are on here if you dig. Note that there are 2 "types" of whiteline with differant part numbers. One is regular whiteline (has part numbers that usually start with a W, and the other is "superpro" with part numbers that start with SPF. An another reason why thier website sucks, they offer "kits" with a combo of different parts...they dont list these kits under a search by car format and the kits have their own part number without a list of the part numbers included in the kit! FAIL! So, for probably about the same money I would have purchased whiteline but couldnt get straight answers, I have resorted to my trusty www.RockAuto.com. For about $170, I just purchased OEM replacement rubber bushings for the rear lower control arms (front and rear) and 2 new front lower control arm assemblies. I will be posting the write-up as a new thread when they arrive next week hopefully.

These are the parts I just ordered on RockAuto:

1989 GEO METRO 993cc L3
DORMAN part #520110 (520-110) Control Arm $ 34.79
DORMAN part #520109 (520-109) Control Arm $ 34.79

1989 SUZUKI SWIFT 1.3L 1298cc 79cid L4 TBI (3) SOHC
(2)FIRST LINE part #FSK6693 Control Arm Bushing $ 14.69 each = $ 29.38
(2)FIRST LINE part #FSK6694 Control Arm Bushing $ 15.88 each = $ 31.76
Discount $ -6.54 (5% discount for being a frequent buyer)
Shipping FedEx International Priority, Ground (1 to 5 business days) $ 41.94
Order Total $ 166.12

They had new rear lower control arms avail on rockauto as well for $82 - $108 per. I own a press and have done control arm bushings before on my Durango so I opted to save a couple bucks there.

If you want the entire REAR lower control arm assemblies, the information is ...
MEVOTECH Part # MS9695
REAR LEFT LOWER $82.79

MEVOTECH Part # MS9696
REAR RIGHT LOWER $82.79

FIRST LINE Part # FCA6487 Wishbone - lower
AA34; Rear; RH; From 12/1/1988; To 10/1/1995; DOHC; 16 Valve; GTi; FWD
$107.89

FIRST LINE Part # FCA6486 Wishbone - lower
AA34; Rear; LH; From 12/1/1988; To 10/1/1995; DOHC; 16 Valve; GTi; FWD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 pm 

As I stated above, I ordered the rear bushings seperately and the entire lower control arms for the front. Replacing the rear bushings was a split conclusion. The big block shaped bushing was taken care of in mere minutes. The pivot bushing located near the center of the car was less than simple. Good thing I have a press. Had to press out the old and in with the new.

The front lower control arms were a breeze. Literally took me about 20 minutes to swap out both sides! Now I do have "better than average" tools, like pnumatic impact wrench and all that so I would say with manual tools, it should have taken a few extra minutes.

The conclusion... AMAZING! All suspension rattles were removed and the allignment was back to stable. Note: I have recently replaced all 4 shocks with KYB's and replaced the rear shock mounts with kyb's as well. The bad news is I can now hear all the other rattles and buzzes in the car that need my attention. lol.

I had intended on taking a bunch of pics but didnt find any part of the process very photo worthy. Drove the car about 60 miles today and it really is coming along nicely. Next step is the springs and adding sway bars. It still feels a bit like a bobble-head at freeway speeds and cross winds.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:42 am 

i finally have something usefull to add to the forum.........

let me start with my car....its a 93 metro 1.0 5spd with 298k miles.

she was well worn out and a mini cooper s was lookin REALLY good.

i decided we have been together too long to give up now so.......

i got a set of 15x6.5 sprint hart cp-fs from ebay, and powdercoated them flat black.

got some falken ziex 195/50/15s.

went to junkyard and got springs and swaybars off a 2000 metro 4 door sedan.

bought a rusted out metro from up north for 500 bucks with 90k miles and swapped the engine and trans.

i put a lightened 4cyl flywheel and clutch on it while it was out of the car.

then came the suspension...............

i went through all the same crap trying to find the right poly bushings that are STILL available.

i ended up just buying new front arms with the crappy stock bushings already installed because my balljoints were soooo bad it was dangerous.

then it was on to get the poly bushings.

the whiteline caster correction kit for the front has not been ordered yet because i dont have to have it....i just want to have it

the rear bushings were impossible to get a straight answer on so i just ordered some and figured if they didnt fit, i would resell them on ebay.

they did fit, they were superpro bushings and the part numbers are as follows:

SPF0673-70K. this is the furthest forward bushing on the inner end of the rear control arm.

SPF0955K. this is the furthest rear bushing on the inner end of the rear control arm.

SPF1411K. this is the bushing that goes into the rear knuckle where the knuckle and control arm bolt together right behind the backing plate or rotor, depending on your cars brake setup. its considered the rear control arm outer bushing by most mechanics.

these are NOT the bushings for the "toe rods" or lateral links as some call them.

poly bushings for the rear toe arms were priced at 120 dollars us, plus shipping.

i had a set of adjustable arms custom made instead for about the same price.

i hope this helps someone else save some time and frustration.

sorry if i drug that out too long. :mrgreen: