TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:36 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:06 pm 

Okay so i have been a member for a while but have never posted anything, everything on here was amazingly helpful so thank you guys! (Please excuse any mistakes if i do make them)

a few weeks ago i have started to look into lowering my swift. Its just a 2001 gls 1.0 N/A so nothing special power wise (more on the power part later) so as i started looking more into droppingg the swift a little it became more and more apperant how rare aftermarket parts are for this car in the UK,
For a while I couldn't find anything i looked everywhere for lowering springs after i realised there was one company who made coilovers that were intended for track use (they were amazing not gonna lie)
But i could not comprehend the price tag with the small budget i have so, those coilovers for £700-800 quid was out the question.

I then on my ultimately limited budget looked into chopping the springs, so i did that... On the rear...
I couldn't cut the front springs as they would have not say properly and i really didn't wanna have an accident because of that (i know some people here have done it and had no problems but I didn't want to take that risk) so the back of the car was 38ish mm lower then the front, the rake
Meant that I couldn't see out of the rear view mirror properly which i have to say really bugged the hell out of me.

So i started looking again and thank god i found some good lowering springs on Daemon Tweaks £130 with shipping so good price, they are german made so good quality there the brand is called Vogtland
So i ordered those.

They arrived a Good few days later (7 to be exact) and i was really excited to get to fitting them!
I got home from work threw my stuff down got the springs and got to work everything went flawlessly they were a perfect fit however i did have trouble undoing the bolts by the hub so i had to put everything back together in the front with an even worse rake now.. I had to go to my girlfriend's place to ask her dad for for a braker bar which he did (lucky me) so with that i managed yo undo the bolts and everything went fine from there! Not a hard job if you have some
Good common sense watch a few tutorials and are familiar with tool and how to use them

Then after all the sweat and oily hads i could hop in and go for a little drive properly with the new springs installed. So these are prigressive springs so very good ride comfort but still stiffer than stock even over little bumps on the road you can feel that they are more solid nothing too over the top though! In corners there is very little body roll and so much more grip on the stock wheels and tyres (yes the car still has the original tires i bought the car in march 2016 with 19000 miles on it)
So lots more grip and the whole car feels better!

Definitely would recommend this little half day upgrade to anyone its amazing how much better the car feels for spending an extra £130 im vey happy with it!

Sorry for the more story like segment i would just wanted to share my experience and opinions