TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Flew Under the Radar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:53 pm 

I was looking through some google Swift post and found this car that was for sale. I don't think he is a member sense this hayabusa swap talk is old. and most members are tired of people posting it through out all Suzuki Swift forums. But i can say for sure it was done right.http://caroftheday.com/2016/11/03/when-you-see-whats-under-the-hood-youll-be-blown-away/

Post subject: Re: Flew Under the Radar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 am 
Island Inbreeder

This dog is not amused...
.Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:09 am 

The 2 things I like about this.... 200 horse and sequential 6 speed shifter.

I just don't think it's a useful set up for a car compared to using a G13B that has been built for the same HP. The Hayabusa was built for a 600 lb vehicle not one that weighs over 1000 lbs more.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong and show me where I went wrong. I don't know the Hayabusa HP and torque specs so I may be completely out to lunch.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:25 pm 

You'd have to wind it up to get to it, but a hayabusa engine produces anywhere between 93 and 102 lb/ft of torque dependent on year , which is more than the g13b made. If geared correctly I'm sure that thing is an outrageous amount of fun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:29 pm 
A legend in his own mind

that made my peepee maker tingle.

LNLC Founding Member

Certified to advise if this thread is GAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:05 pm 

I like it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:39 am 
Teamswift Racer

Its very cool and I'm impressed with the mounting of the engine, looks like it's got a rubber coupler from the gearbox output to a shaft that runs to a reversing box in the tunnel and then another shaft back to the diff, I like the little lever hanging off the engine mount bar to change the gear lever actuation angle.

I have fears over the suspension though, the angle of the steering and lower arms is not good, it will have serious bumpsteer.

Anyone else spot this???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:07 pm 

Sure did not. It must be something to do with maybe the exhaust :huh: :huh: . Some one in Florida must know about this build.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:56 pm 
Teamswift Racer

I posted this up on redline to see if anyone there had seen this car before, I am also a little stunned not to of seen this car before. :huh:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:49 pm 

I just did a quick facebook search, and nothing. I did find a guy in U.K doing something along the lineshttps://www.facebook.com/hayabusaswiftgti/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:40 am 
Teamswift Racer

UK :lol: that facebook link is to a guy here in NZ, however he's in the North Island and I'm in the south so I can't go and visit him, looks cool, much more thorough than the Florida car but then this face book car is being built especially for rallying so it needs to be tough.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 am 

The Haybusa engines have been used in off road vehicles for years and is the engine of choice for most. I can't find it now but there was a forum post on another forum I visit from a builder in India where they build scaled down jeeps for off road racing and power them with Haybusa engines. He gave several reasons for this type of racing and the main two were price and durability. The vehicles he produces cost about 12,000$ total com paired to a full size racing vehicle that may have a 12k engine. A lighter vehicle is less likely to damage parts ect.
They run Haybusa engines with a coupler that runs a driveshaft to a Suzuki samurai transfer case which has had low range removed and modified to add reverse turning it into a FNR gear box.
If I can find it again I'll post a link.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:34 am 
Island Inbreeder

FloridaEdd wrote:
The Haybusa engines have been used in off road vehicles for years and is the engine of choice for most. I can't find it now but there was a forum post on another forum I visit from a builder in India where they build scaled down jeeps for off road racing and power them with Haybusa engines. He gave several reasons for this type of racing and the main two were price and durability. The vehicles he produces cost about 12,000$ total com paired to a full size racing vehicle that may have a 12k engine. A lighter vehicle is less likely to damage parts ect.
They run Haybusa engines with a coupler that runs a driveshaft to a Suzuki samurai transfer case which has had low range removed and modified to add reverse turning it into a FNR gear box.
If I can find it again I'll post a link.

Interesting.?
they must modify the Sami/Tracker rear end cause they are the weeks part of those suzuki cars/trucks
Riddle me this Batman...
the stock axle are bolted on the tube with (4) 1 0X 1.25 bolt
the tire on the end of the axle is bolted on with (5) 12 X 1.75 studs
and usually get swapped out by TOYOTA aftermarket rear axles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 am 

Yep. They cut the front frame section off and hand build the rest of the frame and body. They use the front frame section as it's easier than fabricating all the axle and suspension mounts.
Here in Florida where we love lifting vehicles ,putting on mud tires and hitting the mud , the drive line angles are the issue as it's such a short vehicle. The higher u go the more extreme the drive shaft angles get. The solution is to use Toyota axles which give you a wider stance and allows you to mount each axle a few inches forward for the front and a few inches back for the rear.
The short vehicle with wide tires and wheels makes it too boxy ( length to with ) and makes the vehicle handling a death trap and very tippy. Moving the axles out while going wider sort of keeps width to length ratio in the Ok zone.
These builds they do are low budget relying on available parts.
Personally I've never seen a samauri axle fail. I was a salesman at a large salvage yard for years and do not recall ever selling a differential for one but that was 20years ago.