TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:49 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Aluminium Radiator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm 

Teeth wrote:
Unless there's something seriously wrong with your cooling system, the coolant temperature is controlled by the thermostat, not the capacity of the radiator :roll:

Or do you mean how much heat will be "radiated" into the engine compartment to heat up intake air, which I assume you've already insulated? I don't know about that, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that regardless of number of rows/tubes that the heat energy produced by the engine and therefore removed from the system via the radiator will be the same.

No I haven't insulated the engine bay as of yet but that is the plan. I'll have a brand spanking new engine rebuilt so the cooling system will be good. I just don't like the fact that my stock radiator is metal and plastic. I should've know the thermostat controls the temperature but wasn't thinking about it at the time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:38 pm 

Teeth wrote:
Unless there's something seriously wrong with your cooling system, the coolant temperature is controlled by the thermostat, not the capacity of the radiator :roll:

Or do you mean how much heat will be "radiated" into the engine compartment to heat up intake air, which I assume you've already insulated? I don't know about that, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that regardless of number of rows/tubes that the heat energy produced by the engine and therefore removed from the system via the radiator will be the same.

No no serious cooling issues. Have a brand spanking new engine rebuilt. I should've known the thermostat controls the temperature. I heard of that before. Yes I eventually would like to seal the entire engine compartment to hold the radiated heat in. Would like to make a custom cowl hood with a flap to open/close to allow the heat to escape if I start to overheat. Plus another flap right in front of the radiator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:31 pm 
Suzuki Elder

fabricated aluminum 2" radiator. fits all manual transmission sf413 suzuki variants. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-row-Suzuki-Sw ... 062wt_1124

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
fabricated aluminum 2" radiator. fits all manual transmission sf413 suzuki variants. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-row-Suzuki-Sw ... 062wt_1124

Is this the same radiator that started this group chat?