TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:23 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: codyb76
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:02 pm 

Cody was recently able to save me from a little pinch i got myself in when i rounded off my crank bolt and cracked my pulley. He went out and took the bolt and pulley off of one of his cars the very same night that i he had contacted me, and then shipped out the next morning. I got the part before i even really needed it to put the car back together.

Huge props to codyb76.

Post subject: Re: codyb76
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 am 
Suzuki Elder

cody got my tail out of a crack with by supplying a part i just couldn't find anywhere else.

thanks, man. :D

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:40 pm 

Well I hate to do this, as I know cody is generally a pretty helpful guy, but my last "encounter" with him certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. It was pretty circumstancial, but i will explain in full.

Few months back I asked cody about buying his 93 metro/91 sprint swap. I told him I was not in a great place financially and if he would be willing, i would like to do a payment system as I could not come up with all the cash at once. His reply was

"I'm pretty flexible about this stuff. I will give you a shout soon and touch base about all details that you should know before we go ahead. Waiting isnt a huge deal to me. I have a few things i want to do to it, to make it a bit better yet. I will be in touch, the cold has held things back a bit around here this last bit."

We then talked for a while, and I even got his number and we spoke on the phone as to get as much details about eachother given the unorthadox method of sale. I was very pleased to learn that he was a mechanic and seemingly a great guy.
After he was back from his vacation around christmas time I sent him a few hundred bucks. Followed a few weeks later by another 100 bucks. Making the total 300 bucks.

Recently my cat got sick and i had to fork over 700$ that i pretty much didn't have to save him. Cody was understanding and i told him it may be a while before i could give him some more money. He seemed to be ok with it. Another 2 weeks later i realized I was not going to be able to give cody any type of real payment in the near future. Upon realizing this i messeged him right away, and told him that due to my financial situation he should feel free to sell the car if he needs to as he told me he was in somewhat of a financial bind as well. I then decided that i would not be able to purchase the car off him, and thought it best to cancel the deal, until I was in a better place financially. Cody then replied by telling me he would not be able to give me back the full 300$ that he had already recieved.

He stated:

"I'm sorry but when you commit to a car and I take it off the market and turn away buyers it costs me money. I had a very bad month in January due to more than one person doing this type of thing. I don't hold it against you, shit happens, but I am keeping $100 to cover my hassle"

Previously in a messege he said this to me, and I quote: "I haven't been selling it to actively"

I had not asked for any work to be done to the car beyond what he said he would do as part of the sale, nor was I aware of anyone else trying to purchase the car, his thread in the classifieds section was not recieving any action. He had not mentioned anything about a non-refundable deposit, or any type of hassle that i owed him financially for. He essentially kept 100$ of mine for his own financial reasons, an actions which is not legal under the guidelines of our verbal agreement which I have backed up on my computer. At this point I have decided not to take cody to small claims court as it would be a big waste of my time for 100$, though would be worth it to see him recieve the consequences for his wrongful actions. I caution anyone dealing with cody, that although he has his nice, helpful side, he also has another side. He kept my money because of his own financial bind. A responsibility that never falls on the shoulders of the buyer.

Recently I came across a large sum of money, about a week after cody had told me he would not return my full deposit. I then went out and bought someone elses car. A sale that could have been cody's if he had of done the right thing.
I know he is a reputable member in this great club, but it would seem that everyone is prone to making mistakes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:22 am 

I'm not really going to get into a pissing match regarding this issue. Make your own call if you wish to deal with me or not. There are two sides to every story. The truth of the matter is simple, if you commit to a car, and make a deposit, it is assumed you will go through with the deal. It was never stated that the deposit was refundable. I do not recall saying or writing "if you waste a bunch of my time, i will give you every penny back".
The for sale posting not getting action has nothing to do with interest in the car. I turned several people away in the time that the car was being held and there was no indicator that the money was't going to be paid. I lost potential buyers, period. By the time you bailed they were gone. Car is sold. I learned from this mistake, I should not have come near this deal. It was implied to me that I would be recieving payment in more than $100 increments when the intial deal was set. I work very hard to ensure people who deal with me are satisfied, but there has to be a line.
Grow up. If you can't afford it, don't expect the world to take care of you. I didn't swindle or trick to get a free $100. I took a very small amount to cover the fact that I held the car for that long. Some people would have keep the whole amount. I have had to walk away from a lot more when I made such mistakes when i was younger.

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:03 am 

Take him to small claims court, and they'll tell you what I'm going to.
A deal is a contract.
You backed out, and he was not required to refund any of the deposit. You should be thanking him for returning some of it, not posting negative feedback on him for something that it 100% your fault.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:18 pm 

Last week he took time from his vacation to wait in line for an hour with a box (twice) after having to take a cab ride to the Post Office and back.
Bottom line?
He went out of his way for me, a true blue.
Would I do business with him again?
In a heartbeat.

Thanks, buddy. My wife liked the 'unobtainium' that you sent our way.

Good value, great prices, enough said.

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:49 pm 

Good guy, goes out of his way to pull parts off of wrecks he has access too, and sells em at fair prices, and doesn't charge anything to ship em!

Nah, he does charge what it costs to cover postage. Bought many things off of him, and have never been disapointed with any of it.

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:24 pm 

i have had a great experience with codyb76. i needed a diff pin and a spider washer, he sent me a brand new looking pin with all 4 spider washers and a brand new compression pin. i would deal with him again any day.

1990 swift GL Twincam swap
Hyundai trans swap- in progress

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:12 pm 

from what i understand he's a great guy to deal with.......

3 tech turbo grind cam
3 tech cylinder head/w/port,polish,blend,oversized s/s valves
gti brake swap
89 white gti twincam....need I say more?
92 metro aka ''blue lump of coal''
92 white metro lsi vert
91 blue chevy sprint (gas sipper)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:39 am 

made a deal with him for some parts a few months ago, set up a time for a long-weekend visit, met him in person at his place, got the parts I was after, plus more than I was expecting! great guy to deal with, very smart when it comes to dealing with these cars!
these cars/parts are getting harder to find, be it the age and the environment some of them are in (rust being the #1 killer) the market is getting smaller and smaller for these cars, but still a few diehard Suzuki fans are out there..... :-P
what I received from him has a good home, and be put to good use :wink:

THANKS AGAIN!

3 tech turbo grind cam
3 tech cylinder head/w/port,polish,blend,oversized s/s valves
gti brake swap
89 white gti twincam....need I say more?
92 metro aka ''blue lump of coal''
92 white metro lsi vert
91 blue chevy sprint (gas sipper)