TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:21 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:54 pm 

Jaxx wrote:
Would that be right on the distributor (the unit where the three spark plug wires come out of)?

Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:54 pm 

Does someone have a picture or can describe where exactly I can find that vacuum hose?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 pm 

still no picture...... :-(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 am 

I'll be timing my beast this weekend. I'll take all new photos.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 pm 

Kento87 wrote:
OK Since I had to reset the timing on my G10 today I figured WTH and make up a pictorial while doing it.

OK this applies to Electronic Advance G10's but the basics are the same with other motors.

Step 1 : Is to make sure you have all the right tools for the Job
You will need a Timing Light, Jumper Wire, 12 mm Wrench/Torx Bit, and your Keys

Step 2: Next you will need to clean your timing Marks.trust me, they will be dirty.
It shows 0*, 10*, and 20*. Also the White mark is the timing mark on the Pulley. This is your indicator for timing.

Step 3: Look for your underhood sticker that shows what Factory setting is.
You wil also find which two connections to short out with your jumper wire. IF you have a Vacume Advance Disty you simply unhook the Vacume line going to the cyl on the side of the Disty and plug it up with a bolt or cap.

Step 4: Located and short out the connector. Some modles have a 4 wire connector, some have a 6. Refer to your Sticker for the correct pins to short
Since my Jumper Wire was too large I ended up using a Paperclip. Again if you have a Vacume controlled Advance you skip these pictures.

Step 5: Next you Loosen the Distributor bolts. Depending upon year may also be Torx Bit
You use your 12 mm wrench/Torx Bit to loosen the bolts so you can turn the disty housing and adjust the timing..

Step 6: Hook up the timing light. The Spring Clamps go on the battery, the Inductive Pick up goes on the #1 Plug wire. Simple as it looks

Step 7: Use your keys and Start the car. Make sure the Parking Brake is on and you have the shifter in Neutral. If you have an auto, just leave it in parl =)

Step 8: Point the timing light at the timing tab and pull the trigger.
When the #1 Cyl fires it will cause the light to flash and you will see the timing mark on the pulley. Then you see where it is in relation to the timing marks. you then move the disty to move the mark either advnaced to retard depending upon where it is set. In this case the timing was too far advanced and had to be retarded back to 5* as seen in the next picture.

This is a correctly set 5* btdc factory timing. Tighten Your Disty bolts and check timing to make sure it did not move. Then Remove the Shorting Jumper Wire, cover it up, disconnect the timing light.

Hope this helps clear up how to set your timing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:57 am 

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
=) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =) =)

I beg according to this post.

goldclub slot