TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:09 pm 

anyone know if there is a repair manual available for body and mechanical part repairs?

I downloaded sF310 workshop manual which only seems to deal with engine, electric system and aircon.

I want to repair the driver window regulator

The previous owner said it suffered from usual sticking problems but it would appear the mechanism hasnt been bolted in properly and is bit messed up. The glass slipped off the runner when i fully lowered it and was a **** to get backup at dusk with no idea how it worked., I got it up and then taped the thing until i had time to look at it properly.

Prob is i could do with diagram or pics to show what is bolted where and to check if everything is as should be before spending money on a new regulator

are there more manuals out there??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:38 pm 

i can get you the pics from my factory service manual, which i used to get mine replaced. however, you should promise to buy yourself a set later. it costed me about $130 for two volume set.

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 pm 

your car comes with a 3 volume set. exciting !
http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1998 ... 13951.aspx

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:44 am 

Thanks for link thesilverbullit I promise myself to buy the 3set manuals to if only to take everything apart, break it, buy expensive spares and break it again.
In the meantime so I can get on with the job of fixing this currently taped up window could you please send a few scans of the appropriate pages inlvolving window reg changing. Mucho thanks

ps if there is a page on the rear wiper (also being prob) that would be so kind ta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 pm 

somerset wrote:
Thanks for link thesilverbullit I promise myself to buy the 3set manuals to if only to take everything apart, break it, buy expensive spares and break it again.
In the meantime so I can get on with the job of fixing this currently taped up window could you please send a few scans of the appropriate pages inlvolving window reg changing. Mucho thanks

ps if there is a page on the rear wiper (also being prob) that would be so kind ta

first of all, learn to use the forum and search everywhere obvious for asking a question. second, never post broad, generalizations like 'repair manuals' when the subject of your post is completely different. third, after i'm going to post details about the rear wiper, just don't piss off and never visit these forums again, give back as best as you can.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17205 window reg repair

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:03 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53351 rear wipers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:08 pm 
Island Inbreeder

TheSilverBullet wrote:
somerset wrote:

first of all, learn to use the forum and search everywhere obvious for asking a question. second, never post broad, generalizations like 'repair manuals' when the subject of your post is completely different. third, after i'm going to post details about the rear wiper, just don't piss off and never visit these forums again, give back as best as you can.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17205 window reg repair

....jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
G-Whiz wrote:
I don't let just anyone work on my cars. Like the saying goes, "You don't let another man mess with your wife, so why would you let him mess with your car".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:33 am 

point taken .. thanks. will try to document fix and post.