TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:56 pm 

Hi, anyone know a fix to this problem with my 1998 swift 3door hatchback?
The rear wiper stays on constantly when powered on. No that much fun on a dry sunny day..
I opened up the trim on the hatch and unplugged the wiper motor. So far so good but I would like to use it now and again...
Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:58 pm 

the switch is porbably shorting, try a different switch, i think any 92+ should work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:06 pm 

My first thought it might be the dash rear wiper switch at faut but it seems ok. Then I found this info on FixYa re a toyota wiper fault and wonder if this might be the problem

...."If the switch itself feels just the same as it always has then the most likely fault is that the rear wiper motor located behind the panel in the tailgate has suffered a failure of the self-parking mechanism: it's what ensures that after you turn the wiper off, the motor keeps running until the wiper is back in the parked position.

There are two major parts to the way it works: a self parking switch which works off a cam located in the wiper motor, and a back-emf brake which overcomes the inertia of the mechanism."...

Is it possible this is prob and can I do anything to check this / fix it or do I need to replace the rear motor unit?