TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:01 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:34 am 

Hello all, Just built a 93 Metro from 2 cars. Took a good 97 1.0/5spd from a 97, seems to be running rich, failed emissions. I'm a GM tech, not currently in a GM shop so info is limited. My scan tool won't read my 93 engine but will read SIR. Aint that a bummer. Backprobing the O2, it doesnt go rich/lean like I'm used to seeing on GM cars. Been swapping many parts, ECM's etc. Thought I'd take a break and register here for advice. Should the O2 bounce back and forth or not? It really runs very good powerwise, but must pass smog here in Wisconsin. Be nice to get max MPG also. I see many Metro's in my local salvage yard, all have 90 some K on them. Good supply of parts, hope to keep mine on the street. Thanks Much! Oh yeah, if you're wondering, used all 93 parts on 97 motor, intake, etc. WELL LET ME UPDATE MY POST. IF YOU SWAP THE 2 CONNECTORS (ON A 93) FOR THE FAN SWITCH AND THE ISC SOLENOID IT WILL RUN OK, BUT RICH WITH THE O2 FLUCTUATING VERY LITTLE. TRUST ME, IT CAN BE DONE. JUST PASSED EMISSIONS, THE O2 DOES CYCLE RICH/LEAN JUST LIKE ANY GM CAR. QUESTION... Is the ISC solenoid a simple on/off switch to up the idle w/cold, or is it pulse width modulated to flow some air always? Mine lets some air flow w/warm. Is the cannister between it and the air cleaner a filter? Had to blow the blockage from it. Need to replace? Havent checked the ISC op w/cold yet it may be failed. Thanks for your opinions, looking forward to 40+ MPG. Like the forum, regards all, guy