TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:16 pm 

We have a 1994 GEO Metro and the air conditioner compressor and condensor fan will not turn on. It is full of freon and we have checked relays and fuses and all are OK. It is not getting a signal from somewhere and we cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:31 pm 

If the AC switch light is on , try pulling connector off your pressure switch and hot wiring it . If it kicks on you either have static pressure of refrigerant too low or too high. Have you checked the pressure in the system? It should be , if I remember correctly , around 90-100lbs when everything is off at 70-80F ambient temp.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 pm 

The system pressure sensor is mounted in the aluminum pipe between the alternator and the shock tower. Jump the two wires and see if the system works, maybe you need a new sensor.

I sold this car to a friend at work. I now have a Saturn L which is an Opel Vectra B.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:20 pm 

1997 4 cylinder GEO metro. compressor does not kick on by itself and is not cold.

Well, like this poor guy I installed a new Compressor, expansion valve, dryer and also flush and evacuate the system than using the low side to charged it to 20 oz of 134a refrigerant and well, not I am not sure reading my gauges correctly.....First I have to jump the compressor to run

Low side:
With the car running and compressor off it seem the needle rises clock wise to like 120 but once I jump the compressor with 12 volts it will go down to like 60. the weather in Phoenix is 95 at night.

On the high side it seem to stay around 140. I notice that the line that is going to the condenser seem to be hot to touch, meaning you would not be able to leave your finger on it too long or it will burn.

Not sure if I over charge or undercharge cause for one thing the compressor never turns on by itself....well, not sure it my system has an a/c pressure switch (actually I found it)