TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:02 pm 

Minivan...ha-ha!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:48 am 

Guys is this in Malibu or Crestline? There is confusion here and in the metro forum.

1998 3/5, GR2 KYBs new mounts all around, Spring rubber spacers for that nice handling and rally look, MB x 7 wheels, Drilled and Slotted front discs, ceramic pads, New Lower control arms, New inner outer tie rods, Urethane bushings and zerk fittings, Urethane sway bar endlinks and bushings. new half shafts, New front bearings, Dark tinted windows, New 2 core radiator, 195 thermostat, Push button start. Silicone hoses (blue) installed CS 130 (105 amp) alternator conversion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:32 pm 

Calrenman wrote:
Guys is this in Malibu or Crestline? There is confusion here and in the metro forum.

Decision has not been made yet because Crestline and Big Bear Lake road is dependent on the weather. To be honest I'm leaning toward Calabasas (same place we met last year) because of uncertainty about the weather and the fact there is a lot more things to do in Calabasas/Malibu area. I will probably call everyone weekend after Thanksgiving to hammer out the final location. There is no question that the Meet will happen on Dec 13th and all the usual suspect, plus some, will be there. Some of us will be there on the 12th and will be heading back home via Angeles Crest Hgwy after Cars&Coffee on the 14th. I will post the details as soon as we decide. Plan your weekend around it :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:07 pm 

Guillermo gave me a call yesterday to say that he plans be at the meet...this is shaping up to be the biggest meet in So'Cal' yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:15 pm 

Well it looks like consensus has been reached. I've talk to everyone this morning and we all agreed to meet in Calabasas.

Annual SoCal Team Swift Meet 2014 edition

Will commence on December 13th in Calabasas behind MikiD in Albertsons parking lot on Agoura rd. & Las Virgenes rd. at 9AM

Some of us will be arriving Friday night and we will be staying in Good Night Inn hotel just few hundred feet down the road , will meet early arrivals in MikiD for breakfast. We will hang out in the Albertsons parking lot till 10-10:30 for a meet and greet session, to look over everyone's cars and wait for late arrivals. 10:30 we will head toward the canyons and keep it few notches less intense then last year so everyone can enjoy it no matter the level of mods they have on their ride. As last year , lunch at The Rock Store maybe hanging out at The Snake afterwards and then few more miles in the canyons.
Phil suggested , if everyone is up for it , we should think about driving down to Ventura harbor for boat parade of lights thats starting at 7PM which would give us some time to have dinner somewhere along PCH after the sunset. I like the idea since it is Christmas season. What do you guys think?

Next morning , Sunday the 14th , few of us staying in the area, are planing to attend cars&coffee at Woodland Hills Mall from 7 till 9AM and then return to The Snake & The rock Store since most people drive down there after cars&coffee. Depending on the action , hang out there till noon or so and then head out home.

Attachments:
File comment: Gang at The Rock Store '10
P1300127.JPG
P1300127.JPG [ 680.25 KIB | Viewed 3262 times ]
File comment: Meets end , Malibu '10
P1300145.JPG
P1300145.JPG [ 716.58 KIB | Viewed 3262 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:35 pm 

Sounds great, looking forward to it!!! :cheers:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:05 pm 

OK guys , one week till the Meet. Just got room reserved at Good Night Inn for next weekend. Get your self in gear and start organizing your trip. I will be there on Friday afternoon, taking a solitary ride in SoCal Green Hell or maybe I should call it Brown Hell since its all dried and shriveled :mrgreen: Maybe I'll even make it to that Pick&Pull in Sun Valley to check out the Turbo Sprint I hear is there, complete :shock:

Looking forward seeing everyone :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 pm 

I've been looking over maps and doing some planning, using this site as a reference:

http://lateralg.org/roads/orange/malibu.htm#top

It's a great resource.

Here's one scenario: after we all leave the Albertson's lot and head south on Mulholland Hwy, take the first left onto Old Topanga Canyon Rd. Yes, it has some hairpins, but is also has some residential areas and we'll want to behave like adults. There are several good places to turnout and group up if we are having trouble keeping together, Creekside Park, which is right after the turn on the right, and at the junction with "Summit to Summit Mtwy" which is a gated road that crosses about halfway down, would work if we need them. Old Topanga Cyn gets a bit more residential, then straightens out for a bit as it leaves town and junctions with "New" Topanga Cyn Rd at a shopping center called Pine Tree Circle. We could group up again there, if necessary.

At this point, if anybody already needs a break from the twisties, it's possible to take an alternate route and head on down to PCH via the main road, which is also fun, if likely a bit more crowded. Those seeking a more challenging route can take the first right onto Fernwood Pacific Dr. (landmark: Cafe Mimosa) down and to the right. Follow the street around the left-hand hairpin. Stay left at the junction with Saddle Peak Rd. and Fernwood Pacific Dr. becomes Tuna Cyn Rd, which is one way all the way down to PCH, see this description: http://lateralg.org/roads/orange/malibu3.htm 8)

If anybody takes the alternate route we can all meet up again at a break in the retaining wall just past the Tuna Cyn Rd junction with PCH, about 0.5 miles past where the main road junctions with PCH. If we decide to go this route, I'll post a screenshot of Google Maps of this location and try to scout the location to meet on Friday, if I get a chance.

From there, we can give our brakes a rest and cruise 9.7 miles north on PCH. Anybody that remembers the video game "Outrun" will recognize this segment =) Then, there's another chance to choose your own adventure: you can turn right onto Latigo Cyn Rd. (the hairiest and most technical of the routes we took last year) or stay on PCH for another 2.9 miles and head north on Kanan Dume Road. Latigo meets up with Kanan Dume Rd less than 0.5 miles from the junction with Mulholland Hwy.

There appears to be an exceptionally wide shoulder on Kanan Dume just past the junction where we can group up again, if necessary, and again we might want to scout this on Friday to make sure this will work. If it doesn't, we could also probably group up again after the turn onto Mulholland Hwy, as there is a nice turnout on the right just before you head up "The Snake" and get your picture taken on the way to the Rock Store.

After lunch, there are basically four routes back to PCH, and a reasonable last stop might be Neptune's Net, an over priced seafood restaurant at the junction with Yerba Buena Rd. heading North out of Malibu. There is parking, but I'm not sure if there's parking for ten cars, lol, though maybe we'll get there early enough to make it work? Not sure if this is realistic.

This is my vote for getting there, or somewhere in that vicinity:

http://lateralg.org/roads/orange/malibu19.htm

But you could also do the lower portion of this, which we did last year:

http://lateralg.org/roads/orange/malibu1.htm

Or you could take Decker, which we also did last year, and is also super fun.

Or you could take Encinal Rd. which is way less difficult and tight, but not really less curvy.

That site is like a ski-resort map for cars and motorcycles (and cyclists and skateboarders, if they are insane, I suppose).

I am psyched. 8)

Spanish Inquisition Racing chip burning service--build yourself a custom chip!
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=57216

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:42 pm 

Holy crap :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:53 am 

WOW :shock: I will bleed my brakes tomorrow :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:53 pm 

I've tried to boil it down and here's my interpretation so far.
Prepare for a LONG read.

If you get lost or have a hard time with your personal life, you can meet up with us as the day progresses.
Look for a small contingent of econoboxes with smiling drivers.

Here is the route we took in 2012:
http://www.lateralg.org/roads/orange/river1.htm

The ascent in the morning:
(Highway 243)
and the downhill at the end of the run:
(Highway 74)

Using this map:
Last year we traveled numbers
Lunch at the Rock House
(I had a few beers at lunch, so the last 4 might be off.)

This year we will traveling in a wide figure 8.

S on Las Virgines
E on Mulholland
SE on Old Topanga Canyon
S on Topanga Canyon
SW on Fernwood Pacific
S on Tuna Canyon Rd
W on PCH
N on Latigo Canyon
N on Kanan Dume
E on Mulholland (Snake)

Lunch and wee wee
:puke:

The afternoon will necessarily be a shorter route as the day length is also short:
W on Mulholland
N on Little Sycamore Canyon
S on Yerba Buena
End on PCH/Neptune's Net

Neptune's Net parking lot holds at least 50 cars; souvenir shirts are $20.
(Bring lots of cash... :-P )

Alternatives to Yerba Buena, (if it is washed out)
1.) Mulholland
2.) Decker
3.) Encinal Canyon

Around 6 pm, a 15 minute drive will yield a Christmas Harbor Parade and Fireworks show:

Here's the link if you don't believe me:

http://venturaharborvillage.com/ventura ... ?event=945

Parking - free
Parade - 6:30
Fireworks - 8:00

End of meet.

Correct me if I did not read the route/schedule properly.
Someone should check the roads on Friday because PCH was closed last week due to mudslides in this exact locale.

This will be a full day for even the person with the best of shapes....I'd empty your car of anything which can bounce around.

:twisted:

When you boys plan a meet, you go whole hog!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:07 pm 

Are Those the California Girls, All The songs are written about. :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P . (I think I'll stick with my Mid west farmers Daughter, Thank You very much.) Have fun out the in the sun, In the Peoples republik of Kaliforniastan. Jonathan

1991 Vert (red) 129k 5sp,AC, Resto-Mod, 75% Done.(Clean SW car)
1993 GT(Teal) 103k 5sp,AC,w/PW (Resto-Mod,60% done.)(Clean SW car)
1994 Swift GS 4Dr sedan (Painted 2005 Ford Kona Blue) 95k 1.3 SOHC 5sp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:47 pm 

Im psyched too :D Can't wait to get there.

The itinerary looks gret , lets not forget to mention we will be hanging out at Rock Store and The Snake on Mulholland for lunch and drooling over exotic machinery people bring to this gear heads favorite hangout. After Ventura Harbor Christmas lights and fireworks those of us that are staying in Calabasas at Good Night Inn will probably hang out in the bar thats right next to the hotel for a little while , not too late since we are getting up early next morning for Cars&Coffee

Some of us will also be there Friday to scout some of the roads

Also few of us will get together on Sunday morning at 7AM at Woodland Hills Mall to attend Cars&Coffee and then return to Rock Store and The Snake to watch the action for a while

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:56 am 

I am making some maps of the area, our proposed meet points, critical intersections to know, and alternate routes that I will print up for everybody.

The Neptune's Net, the restaurant that may be a convenient location for dinner I described as "overpriced", but not because it's crazy expensive--it's just a bit high for what it is according to some. I still think it's a good place to meet back up, though I am open to suggestions if we want to get dinner elsewhere.

Here's the menu:

http://neptunesnet.com/wp-content/themes/buzz/images/Neptunesmenuproofrev2.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:23 pm 

It's probably working out for the best that we chose the location we did as it will not be raining on us on Saturday 8)

Unfortunately, it will be raining all over Southern CA (and snowing on the other routes we considered) on Friday as many of you are driving in. My local contacts have warned me about mud and debris on the road in Calabasas and Malibu :( but that's really a function of how much it rains, which I can't get info on yet. Branko and I are set to scout some of the roads on Friday, too, but given it will actually be raining then, I'm not sure how effective we'll be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:43 am 

Well I am In California. I look forward to meeting you all.

97 Geo Metro LSI,1.3L-GT-DOHC-16v,4.10 5-speed,A/C,170,000,suspension lowered 1",4 wheel disk brakes,15"alloy wheels with 185/50-15 Toyo's,GT bucket seats,analog oil pressure gauge,cruise control, new paint job. 40 mpg at 65 mph.
Good, fast, cheap. You only get two.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:09 am 

fainya wrote:
Well I am In California. I look forward to meeting you all.

I'm right behind you. :D

Latest forecast , rain on Friday 100% chance , sunny 63F and 0% chance of rain for the Meet :D

Partly cloudy and 0% chance of rain for Cars&Coffee and The Snake on Sunday :D

I don't see any problems :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:38 am 

Hey Guys I will see you there. I have a place in Ventura to hang out after the Ventura harbor boat parade of lights that starts at 7PM, for anyone interested. BYOB. :wink:

1998 3/5, GR2 KYBs new mounts all around, Spring rubber spacers for that nice handling and rally look, MB x 7 wheels, Drilled and Slotted front discs, ceramic pads, New Lower control arms, New inner outer tie rods, Urethane bushings and zerk fittings, Urethane sway bar endlinks and bushings. new half shafts, New front bearings, Dark tinted windows, New 2 core radiator, 195 thermostat, Push button start. Silicone hoses (blue) installed CS 130 (105 amp) alternator conversion.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:03 am 

Update:

PCH is closed due to a mudslide at Yerba Buena Rd, which, if it isn't cleaned up by tomorrow, won't stop us from running Yerba Buena, but might make getting to Ventura Harbor considerably less convenient.

There's also something going on at the junction of Mulholland with PCH, information is hard to interpret--one site says it is a road closure but another does not.

http://www.localconditions.com/weather-malibu-california/90263/traffic.php

http://www.sigalert.com/map.asp?region=malibu#lat=34.06576&lon=-118.78225&z=0

It's pretty wet out here--it is still supposed to dry up tomorrow, hopefully the mud and debris won't be too bad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:12 pm 

I left Phoenix this morning around 5:30 and didn't hit the rain until Coachella, by the time I got to Pasadena clouds cleared and it was glorious sunny afternoon :-)
Teeth stopped by the hotel after I checked in and we were on our way to check out Tuna Canyon road. I still have grin on my face. It's as much fun as that YouTube video seems to show
See you all tomorrow morning :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:44 pm 

Yes, lots of rain today in San Diego.

Very busy time of year, I had lots of plans to work on my rides
and pick out a choice one to drive, but no go.

Looks like I'll be driving the beater, my 1st MK1 original owner
approaching 700K miles, but well maintained.

I was able to cut new floor mats out tonight for it, but looks like
that's it other than topping off the fluids.
If I'm lucky I can swap places with the Mrs. in the garage and
freshen it up a bit for the ride tomorrow.

Attachment:
WSRIMS2014.jpg
WSRIMS2014.jpg [ 179.73 KIB | Viewed 3043 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:39 am 

Quote:
Here's one scenario: after we all leave the Albertson's lot and head south on Mulholland Hwy, take the first left onto Old Topanga Canyon Rd.

Please ignore my confused ramblings. I made a nice map for everybody, but I was looking at the wrong parking lot for our initial meet-up. At least I figured it out yesterday instead of today :oops:

We will definitely go do Tuna Canyon, but we will want to get there a different way--we can take a second when we meet up to discuss options.

PCH is still closed at Yerba Buena. I think we should still run it, but we'll need to head back up to 118/Ronald Reagan Freeway one way or another to get over to Ventura Harbor. That will make for a little longer day--we'll see what the group thinks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:33 am 

Ready to roll at Albertsons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:48 pm 

http://youtu.be/acdFMgOCwH0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:47 am 

The Teamswift SoCal Meet & Cruise this year was nothing short of EPIC!!

More Pics soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next