TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:25 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:19 pm 

Save the date. Saturday June 4th. Fredericksburg, VA off I 95. Burgers, dogs, whatever potluck you Metro loving heathens, might want to bring along, we'll serve it. :lol
There will be two big car shows going on in town that day. One is mostly antiques, the other should be an assortment of rat rods, antiques and whatever. I'll be posting times, location, etc, as I firm everything up.
Let me know who's down for this.

UPDATE WITH LOCATION
Ni River Reservoir Park
10516 Gordon Rd.
Spotsylvania, VA 22553
Saturday June 4th. Probably 11 am until...

This is a public park so.....they don't allow no "alkehol". Now that we've gotten that out of the way. :lol
It's located on a peninsula and has some cool views. It's a drinking water reservoir, so they don't allow swimming, wading, or gas powered boats. You can rent battery powered boats, or launch your own. If you want to fish, you must have a VA fishing license. These can be purchased at Walmart or fishing supply stores in the area. Out of state for a one day license is $8.00. Shelter is huge. They say it will seat 80. Two outside grills, and restroom right next door.
There is no charge to get in. They do want you to check in at the gate. Just tell them you're there for the cookout at the shelter.

There will be two car shows going on at the same time in town, for those interested. Downtown Fredericksburg will have the antique show, while Wilderness Presidential Resorts is hosting more of an anything goes type. Bikes, Muscle cars, golf carts, etc.
Both shows are running around 10 am to 2 or 3 pm. The Wilderness one is $2.00 a head, not sure about the other one. I think I'm going to check out the Wilderness one when it opens and then head over to the shelter. If anyone wants to join me at the show, let me know. If you want to hit the shelter before I get there, I don't think it will be an issue. The attendant said today he opens at 6am.

Wilderness Presidential Resort
9220 Plank Rd
Spotsylvania, VA 22553

Downtown Fredericksburg Car Show
Caroline St, Fredericksburg