TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:04 pm 

This part looked great when I pulled it from the fine packing job.
Untill i noticed the timing notch they put on it.Looked like they just took a hacksaw blade to it.Its all good a guy just needs a referance mark right.The problem is the mark is crooked,they didnt line up the hacksaw straite :roll: the mark on the front and the mark on the back is not inline. :vibe:

At this point im not surprised after looking at my header,but not pissed the machining finish is nice.I go to put it on the crank :x :x now im pissed.check it out :roll:

looks fine eh?? the notch is not milled far enough the pin hits on the crank sprocket :x

so I put in the vice and used a round file to make the pin fit.

Im thinkin I should send these halfass bastards a bill for all the time I spent working on the new parts to work on my rig. :huh:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm 

That's just terrible. Why pay top dollar for shit like that. A little extra time put into a product can make a world of difference.

• Build Video
  • 1991 4 Door Truck Conversion
  • Modified Suzuki 1.0L Engine
  • High Stall 3200 RPM Converter
  • Auto Trans with Welded Differential
  • Custom Exhaust and Intake System
  • 6" Suspension Lift & Weight Reduction
  • 27" Kenda Executioner 6 Ply ATV tires

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:26 pm 

i'm having second thoughts about buyin one from suz rd , bummer.
Thanks for the heads up

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:39 pm 

I was going to buy there header, under drive and a few other things but i think I am going to get most of it from mike and make my own header because just the clean up on theirs is more work than doing it right.

'98 Chevy K2500
'76 Harley Davidson FXE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:52 am 

I have one of those pulleys and mine was a perfect fit, and the timing mark was cut straight. Seems that the quality of their products vary a lot. I also have a header, which I read about several times. Chrome is indeed not very good, sloppy welds on some spots, but the holes match the ones in the gasket, and the ports are pretty much the same size. Overall look is ok. Maybe I got lucky?

- 0,5mm oversized pistons
- mildly ported head, 1,7mm taken off
- ss exhaust valves
- 222/365 3tech cam
- +10 gear
- K&N air filter
- TBI bridge removed
- 40mm throttle and intake manifold
- srd underdrive pulley
- AASCO 3kg flywheel with GTi clutch
- GTi catback
- deleted cat, now 2" ss pipe
- 14x6J ET45 BSA Racing
- Nankang AS-1 165/55-14
- 35mm lower Apex front and rear springs
- GTi sway bar
- Turbinetech underbody brace
- Ultra Racing upper strut bar

0-100kph: unknown seconds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:44 pm 

Peenutzz wrote:
I have one of those pulleys and mine was a perfect fit, and the timing mark was cut straight. Seems that the quality of their products vary a lot. I also have a header, which I read about several times. Chrome is indeed not very good, sloppy welds on some spots, but the holes match the ones in the gasket, and the ports are pretty much the same size. Overall look is ok. Maybe I got lucky?

Mine had shit welds that were worse than what I did the first time I touched a MIG, that's where they welded, mine came to me 70% chrome covered and 60% done. Chrome was a joke, should have just spray bombed it with some black BBQ paint, and called it a day. Maybe the few bucks saved would let them have some Quality control...

If you get lucky, you get something worth the price, if you don't you end up with a 30% restock fee and shipping bill. Oh and they have no issue charging stupid core charges($350 for a throttle body, and you don't even include the electrics), piss poor communication, they'll take your money, then tell you the whole shop has the cervasa flu, or they were all gone racing for a month.

:|

Roll the dice... and pray to god that you get something, that won't make you regret it.

Something else to note, the collector is not a 2" ID outlet, it is 46mm ID(aka 1 3/4" ID) which is less than the 51mm ID it should be. Without the interior pipe(they used it to hang it all on, it's 50mm ID, close enough for me, but it's a hard sharp edge on the inside since they never bothered with matching the pipe up. :roll:

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah