TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:06 am 
Sad but True...

So My D.D. has Toyo Proxies TS-1s(Ultra High Performance) on it and I can tell you they WERE NOT meant to be driven in the snow(I know,I know,but finances prevented me) but Stick like glue on warmer temp roads.I was looking at the Dunlop Graspic DS-2 and the Michelin X Ice,which neither were in stock at ANY of the locals stores and a salesman pointed out These newer model of Snow tires,so I bought a Pair Of General Tire Altimax Arctic 195/55R15 to get me around because I was TIRED of getting stuck/sliding all over the place constantly(I got stuck in the driveway,after shoveling). THEY ARE A DREAM COME TRUE!! I can go up hills,WITHOUT getting stuck,and these tires just grab!They are a copy of the Gislaved Nordfrost,which is a REALLY good snow tire(Continental owns Gislaved) . The Altimax Arctic is studdable(I have no need for that,but some of you guys may find that comforting) and all I can say is I am IMPRESSED!! I can see why they recommend all 4,since taking corners at a higher speed on snow packed roads tened to kick the back end out alittle,same with hard braking,she wanted to kick out,so I and gonna try to pick up another pair sometime when I can afford to,so Turn's and stopping will be ALOT better at higher speeds. Here is some specs.

"Unique grooves and sipes combine with a modern compound to offer high performance at low temperatures

Features:
Multi-Angle Sipe System
Directional Pattern with Center Stability Rib
Reactive Contour Technology (RCT)
All-Weather Dual Tread Compound
Benefits:

270 degrees of sipes with biting edges that enhance traction in any direction of travel.
Water evacuation is amplified and straight-line stability is improved.
Contour reacts to different road conditions to maintain optimum contact with road surface throughout the life of the tire.
Exceptional cold-weather flexibility and excellent wet traction.
General Altimax Arctic tires meet the industry's severe snow service requirements and are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol."

They are not that expensive(Way cheaper than Blizzaks,Less than $100 a tire for my 195/55R15) and we all know All-Seasons will not work well with our cars because the cars are wayy too light(I also had All-Seasons,they did nothing in the snow) All-In-All I HIGHLY Recommend these!!!!!! Now I know WHY people have snow tires,I could NOT see me driving without these again in the Winter!!!!!

If my Swift was as fast as Tg or m's car I'd be famous...
My car is a trailer queen 'cause it's too slow to merge safely into traffic