TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:03 am 

Glow Shift tachs are microprocessor and stepper motor controlled. You can program it to work with 1-10 cylinders. It has two different programmable shift points and peak indicator light. It has 7 nice colors that you can change or make it scroll through them by itself. It has the Power on and Power off show self tests. It comes with a long lead and shift light to mount anywhere.

I installed mine and it has a very nice wiring harnes and long lead for the coil wire. Also has a lead to hook into headlight so when they are turned on, the lights will dim 30% on tach face.

I mounted mine on the dash console under the spedo display.

I paid $54 plus $12 for 2nd day shipping

I highly recommend for all cars and its easy to use and it comes with power harness to daisy chain more meters together without running more power and ground leads.

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/elite-7- ... gauge.aspx

- 89 Daihatsu Charade CLX 1.0L MPFI 3cyl 5spd (*SOLD*)
- 01 VW Beetle GLS 1.8L Turbo (*SOLD*)
- 63 Datsun NL320 Sport Truck 4x4 (Converted by Me & Son)
- 04 GMC Yukon (Fam Hauler)
- 92 Suzuki JR50 (Fun Tiny Dirt Bike)
- 84 Dodge B350 Royal High-Top Van (Heavy Item Hauler)
- 92/94 Geo Metro's (Rebuilt & Sold)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:36 pm 

I have a similar tach in my Metro and it works perfect. Easy to hook up too. Same brand, different style.
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/white-7- ... gauge.aspx
In the description it says 4, 6 or 8 cyl, so they must have changed it, but its the same part number I bought before.

1988 Chevrolet Sprint (Forsa clone) 3Tech cam and underdrive pulley, MSD 8mm wireset, shaved head, Weber 32/36 carb, Honda short shifter, KYB Gr2 suspension, Summit tach and gauges, Pilot steering wheel, NEW! Summit Multi-spark CDI
Project Page
1993 Geo Metro Only mods so far are a Honda short shifter, Glowshift tach and a 3a Racing ricer muffler (freebie)
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:51 am 

I have spoken to a few people who use them on other cars and bikes too. They work really well.

The Elite series is the microprocessor/stepper motor controlled one that is fully programmable from 1-10 cylinders and multiple shift points with the last peak recall. Very easy to program with the buttons on front and colors look great.

Matt, the white faced model you have is the 4-6-8 standard analog type, but it still a good model. It beats ProSport gauges in my opinon. Which is what I helped mount his boost gauge in his SRT4, I keep bugging him to get a GlowShift now.

- 89 Daihatsu Charade CLX 1.0L MPFI 3cyl 5spd (*SOLD*)
- 01 VW Beetle GLS 1.8L Turbo (*SOLD*)
- 63 Datsun NL320 Sport Truck 4x4 (Converted by Me & Son)
- 04 GMC Yukon (Fam Hauler)
- 92 Suzuki JR50 (Fun Tiny Dirt Bike)
- 84 Dodge B350 Royal High-Top Van (Heavy Item Hauler)
- 92/94 Geo Metro's (Rebuilt & Sold)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 am 

The one I have is fully programmable from 1-10 cyl too. GlowShift likes to change things like that a lot for some reason. I wouldn't doubt it if they changed the elite series to be only 4, 6 and 8 eventually.

1988 Chevrolet Sprint (Forsa clone) 3Tech cam and underdrive pulley, MSD 8mm wireset, shaved head, Weber 32/36 carb, Honda short shifter, KYB Gr2 suspension, Summit tach and gauges, Pilot steering wheel, NEW! Summit Multi-spark CDI
Project Page
1993 Geo Metro Only mods so far are a Honda short shifter, Glowshift tach and a 3a Racing ricer muffler (freebie)
Image Image