TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:56 pm 

This is the same review I just posted on the forum @ http://www.scantool.net. It's for a computer program called Digimoto that you hook up to your OBDII vehicle. www.digimoto.com

Customer Service:

A family member ordered Digimoto for my Christmas gift. It was ordered and received in about a week, so no problems with shipping. My only issue is a small one with the packaging, aside from the shipping company box, there was no product package, only the disc and the hardware.

I am running Windows 7 and had issues getting the software to work. I didn't know what was wrong, but eventually figured out I had a driver issue with the scan tool. I eventually found the ScanTool.net site and downloaded the Vista drivers and it worked. In general, getting the drivers loaded was a pain. The drivers included on the disc with the software did not auto install with the setup, not to mention that they were not compatible with my system. I had to go to the control panel and select the driver software off the disc.

I played with the software, the scan tool, and the drivers for a few days. I sent an email to Digimoto and received replies from "Donna" (<-- more below). Donna seemed to have an interest in helping me, but was not professional nor seemed very knowledgeable about the product. It was like talking to someone in the same position as myself, not an employee of the company whom you would expect to know the software.

I did eventually get it to work with the Vista drivers, even though I have 7.

Fit & Finish:

The software itself is very nice. It looks very good, has many features, and feels very solid. It does have a kind of small business / "shadetree" flavor, but it works. Overall I would say the software is done with great care, clearly the "gem" that makes people consider Digimoto over other products.

However, the scan tool itself is a different story. I have ordered many things direct from China, and am very familiar with typical Chinese quality. I do not know where the tool is manufactured, but it has a cheap fit and finish. The Digimoto logo looks cheesy on the outside, as does the tag on the back. Since I downloaded the drivers from Scantool, I would assume it is a universal re badge from China. Thus far the tool works, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to stop tomorrow.

Summary

Digimoto, Peformancescan, 110 Enterprises Inc., whatever their name is, seem kind of 'shady' to me. I have concluded and agree with some of the other observations posted that this is a small company - very small. Probably 1-2 people part time, if I had to guess. The simple fact that they do not list a contact phone number, only fax, is enough to scare me. Even more, a Google map satellite image of the posted address (W4245 Risseeuw Rd Cedar Grove, WI 53013) reveals what appears to be a farm house in the middle of nowhere.

Although I had good fortune, I have read several accounts of some people that have not. Considering my good luck I would probably order again, but I would do a lot more research and strongly consider other products (I hadn't discovered the ScanTool.net site when I ordered). Overall, on a professional level I would give the customer service a 6.5/10 and the product a 7/10.

Contact Information I have collected:

Digimoto Administrative Contact:
Konecny, Joel
joel.konecny@gmail.com
110 Enterprises Inc.
PO Box 553
West Bend, WI 53095 US
(414) 232-6121

PerformanceScan, LLC
800-928-4619
W4245 Risseeuw Rd
Cedar Grove, WI 53013 US
(262) 338-5956

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:51 am 

One of the good things about their customer service is fast and a secured shipment. However, the software you purchased didn't have enough information of the manufacturer. So it is then a big lesson before ordering.