TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:41 pm 

This review is for the rubber and felt pieces which fit the doors on the MK1 Chevrolet Sprint style cars.
World Class Rubber Profiles is one of the last manufacturers of OEM style replacement door rubbers, gaskets, window channel, fuzzies, molding, or whatever you want to call it.
With shipping charges I obtained a set of such material and it added to roughly $200. This should be enough to complete one of our 4 door vehicles.
Here we go.
One of the problems with owning an older vehicle is that the sun will shrink the rubber over time. Here is a close up of the problem:
as you can see, the rubber no longer reaches to the length originally intended, allowing air to enter the passenger compartment.
New extruded door gaskets are the definitive fix.
Here is a sample door
to show the application. Now if you look at the series of circles, you will notice one large circle:
in the upper right which is the molded angle corresponding to the necessary curve in the door.
The smaller circles show the OEM style plastic push pins which match perfectly the holes in the door.
Last, notice the red circle. It indicates a pre-cut area of the extrusion which corresponds to this area of the gasket:
Here is a close up of the specific area:
You will need to transfer your old plastic trim piece from the old gasket. That is the only part you reuse.

I will give an update on the quality of the ride once all the pieces have been installed. At this point, I can state that the pieces that World Class Rubber Profiles produces are in every way identical to the pieces I've witnessed here on our particular cars, including all the necessary angles and ribs. This product should receive a 5 star rating or an A+++. I would expect that upon installation, the car would again be quiet at high speeds.

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 am 

Very impressive! Looks great, the install looks simple, now the important question; how do I get a set for my mk1 turbo? Any contact info for the company?

This obviously took a lot of digging and patience to find, kudos on the detective work!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 am 

taiso wrote:
Very impressive! Looks great, the install looks simple, now the important question; how do I get a set for my mk1 turbo? Any contact info for the company?

This obviously took a lot of digging and patience to find, kudos on the detective work!
+ 1 on that, searched for World Class Rubber Profiles but couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:05 am 

hi there im new here... i'll just ask anyone here have experience using Window & Windshield Weatherstripping parts and accessories? i've check their products and i dont have idea if they are good quality product... Thanks
:vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:20 am 

johnsons63 wrote:
hi there im new here... i'll just ask anyone here have experience using Window & Windshield Weatherstripping parts and accessories? i've check their products and i dont have idea if they are good quality product... Thanks
:vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz: :vibe: :buzz:

Spam from JC Whitney? :huh:

1991 Swift - Parts car (gone)
1990 Swift - Parts car
1997 Metro - Parts car (gone)
1993 Metro - Parts car
1989 Swift GTi - Parts car
1998 Metro - Parts car

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 pm 

Is this company still around? Did a google search but no hits. Have some contact info? Recently got my 87 Sprint turbo on the road and my seals look like the ones in the photos. Drafty, noisy at speed. Also need now window channel.
Any leads appreciated.

!976 BMW R90/6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 pm 

AlabamaSwift wrote:
Recently got my 87 Sprint turbo on the road and my seals look like the ones in the photos. Drafty, noisy at speed. Also need now window channel.
Any leads appreciated.

I haven't received a reply on the 4 door rubber as yet.
mxmikie says there is an easy part interchange for the two door so that you can order new easily.

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!