TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:59 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 am 

hey guys!

i have a 93 Barina here in Aus and im running an 8v sohc carby engine :)

the bottom end is great and doesn't make a peep but the valve train is a little noisy when she gets hot. i want to put a Dohc head on it.

no i know i will need to change the headers and intake and get a wiring harness and ECU for the new head. im probally going to use the MK1 harness and stuff so i can use the vacuum dizzy on my 8v head. that is depending on how much it will all cost.

im not really keen on getting a whole new engine as the bottom end is still in good nik.

my question is do i have to get a new fuel pump? does it need a bigger one?

if i have missed anything what else would i be up for on this, as in what other parts would you recommend under the hood?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:18 pm 
banned and still posting

the g13 dohc 16v engine is a different critter from your 8 valve. there's more magic in the twincam block's internals than there is in your 8 valve's bottom end.

i know that you really don't want to drop in a complete new engine, but that will be the easiest and it's your best bet to get to a 16 valve engine. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II