TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Billings, MT
So I have a '99 Swift and would love to convert it to propane, but it seems there aren't many options for fuel injected engines, especially the G13BB. However, I've heard it's super easy to convert the Samurai carbureted engines to propane. I've also heard that a lot of offroaders love swapping the fuel injected Swift engines into their rigs.

So what I'm wondering is: is the reverse true? Could I swap a carbed Samurai 1.3 into my Swift? Better yet, could I just swap the Samurai intake and carb onto my existing G13BB head?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 am
Posts: 12
Location: Poland
I'm pretty sure that is possible to swap Swift (GTI) engine to Samurai.
So it should be possible.

_________________
plotowanie radom | cadprint.pl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Billings, MT
swojcieszek wrote:
I'm pretty sure that is possible to swap Swift (GTI) engine to Samurai.
So it should be possible.


I would imagine the transmission bolts and engine mounts are the same. The bigger concern is probably hood clearance, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 776
Location: Greer,South Carolina USA
I did this in a 89 swift but changed the cam and intake to the tbi one on a swift. Almost every thing bolt up. Where I had my trouble was where the stub axle for the 1.3 swift bolts to the block in the rear. all the holes were not there only 1 of the boltholes was there so I made a bracket to hold it in place.

_________________
Cars and Harleys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 1543
Location: burlington,ontario
The samurai intake will only fit the 8valve cylinder heads. probably be the easiest to find a 8valve 1.3 motor out of a mk2/3/4 car.

_________________
1992 geo metro the perpetual project car
1986 suzuki samurai LWB aka beth
1994 suzuki sidekick 4 door


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Billings, MT
hotrodray1 wrote:
I did this in a 89 swift but changed the cam and intake to the tbi one on a swift. Almost every thing bolt up. Where I had my trouble was where the stub axle for the 1.3 swift bolts to the block in the rear. all the holes were not there only 1 of the boltholes was there so I made a bracket to hold it in place.


Sounds like it'd be ideal to use the original block with a Samurai head. But making a bracket isn't the end of the world. So you used a Sammy block and head, but Swift cam, intake, and tbi?

geopat wrote:
The samurai intake will only fit the 8valve cylinder heads. probably be the easiest to find a 8valve 1.3 motor out of a mk2/3/4 car.


The car in question actually has a bad head gasket which I was about to replace. If I can track down an 8-valve 1.3 head, will it bolt right up?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:43 pm
Posts: 776
Location: Greer,South Carolina USA
Complete sammy engine just swapped cam,intake and dizzy,oil pan,exhaust manifold. I am sure there was a few other thing i am forgetting but you get the jest of it.

_________________
Cars and Harleys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Billings, MT
hotrodray1 wrote:
Complete sammy engine just swapped cam,intake and dizzy,oil pan,exhaust manifold. I am sure there was a few other thing i am forgetting but you get the jest of it.


So you installed a Swift intake on a sammy head?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group