TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:43 pm 

I've been searching to find the best bang for the buck (pun intended) f6a engines can be found for cheap when they come around from dead suzuki Carry's. as we get a dumbed down version in the states. People use them as atv's and what not. No one works on them. Then they get sold for scrap. Much like the unloved geo metro and Chevy sprints. Abused and neglected. After many years of owning g10 engines. There seems to be very little in the was of after market performance parts. At least that I could find. There are some. But no real show of hp gains. The f6a seems to have a huge after market in at least Japan. As the motor has been used for years. Like in a alto or cappuccino. Power ratings from the alto are close to that of a g10 metro. Claiming 50-60hp range. So which engine is better? Which would produce the most hp with after market parts? Could either engine push over 150hp? Any thoughts? Am thinking of maybe swapping to an f6a as they can be had for cheap. Or am I dreaming again?

1996 Geo Tracker 1.6l 16v 4cyl 1590cc (Daily)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:25 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Bare in mind the cappo F6 is quite different from the alto and carry versions, the twincam head is getting very rare these days, the problem with the 3 cyl g10 is only Canada got the turbo version so there was very little development of this engine when you compare it to the daihatsu gtti 1.0 12v turbo engine, lots of development in Japan, UK, Australia etc.
The aviation market pushed the development of the g10 as much as anything and considering your geographical location you'd be better off sticking with the g10 over anything else other than the g13b.
The plentiful supply of metro engines and the knowledge base from 3tech, turbine tech and senior forum members means you don't need to re-invent the wheel.
200+hp is possible out of a turbo g10 if you have the $$$

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:01 am 

200hp out of a g10? Haven't heard that one yet. I have seen a few f6a engines come up on Craigslist. And the few I have seen were dohc. Last one I saw I almost bought. As it was $300. But didn't know the dohc was so rare. Sadly it isn't up for sale anymore. I guess I will just have to keep pushing my g10. Till I can do a g13b. Which in themselves are getting rare. There are a few other engines out there I am still considering. Only time, money and availability stand in my way of the search for my horespower. :mrgreen:

1996 Geo Tracker 1.6l 16v 4cyl 1590cc (Daily)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 pm 

T3 has 250 hp from one of his. i am aiming for 150-175hp from mine. its not that hard to do with them. the g10t is quite the underestimated engine. even just turning up the boost on a stock motor will get you 100 hp. and parts are still a dime a dozen are available almost anywhere.

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"