TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:49 pm 

Hi, i actually have a hole 1991 firefly turbo that i want to use to swap my 1992 geo metro convertible, my concern is that after taking out the engine and the ecu and the wiring from ecu to the engine, i find out the round plug that connect to the rest of the wiring (the one with 7 wires) just under the fuse box is not the same in my geo the geo one has a square plug also with 7 wires but they dont have the same collor, can some one help me out with this, because i dont want to change the hole wiring.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:57 pm 

> 99% all of color are same except engine harness... you need to know what those wire are... and match... just 2 wires is not available if G10.
> you only need to add 2 wires if your geo vert is G10... MK3 G13 has brown/yellow and brown/orange. (maybe I am wrong)
> Make sure you have T3 coil, and igniter.... you dont need to use injector resistor.

Just download manual at http://metroxfi.com/metro-information/ and download both 1991 and 1992.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:44 am 

Thanks ill look at this, actually, my geo metro is an lsi, i am not really good at reading wiring diagrams, so if anyone else could give me some easyer info, i'll apreciate very much!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:20 pm 

It will be difficult if you barely read diagram.. I recommend to get help from friend who has some knowledge.

mk2 LSI could be G10 OR G13... unlike MK4+ anyhow I am pretty sure you have G10.

If you want easiest method then pick up whole harness (except engine harness) from mk2 G13 TBI (1989-1990) from swift since main harness has same connector and wires as T3.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:02 pm 

From your igniter plug, run the brown and black directly to the coil.

On the round plug, engine harness side. Pull the yellow and orange pins from the round connector, engine harness side. Pull the same yellow and orange pins from the igniter plug. Replace those with the yellow and orange from the round plug.

Alternatively you can swap the entire front body harness into the convertible, giving you fog light wiring

I did not swap the body harness on my first t3 swap, on my second i swapped the entire body harness. My first t3 swap was into a 1991 sprint, I believe it is the same process for a 92-94 but could be wrong..