TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:56 am 

I have two I2 Yellow Letter ECU's. Picked them up here in the U.S.

I can't remember exactly what they were pulled from as I pulled a couple of SOHC engines as well as 2 DOHC's as well.

ECU 1).

I2
MT-FED
33920-64E1O
FI-022 B12X15 <--------the 2X15 is embossed into the label

EPROM INFO:
SKBA103
FI-021022

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECU 2).

I2
MT-FED
33920-64E1
FI-022A A13125 <--------the 3125 is embossed into the label

EPROM INFO:
SKBA104
FI-0212A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTIONS:
A). Are these the 1.3 DOHC Computers?
B). Mk2 or Mk3?

I have pretty much exhausted my search function on here dealing with ECU's and still am pretty confused as to which ECU's will run what!!!

Thanks in advance,
Roy in TX

Member#3307 ??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:06 am 

Okay guys.
I have a Twin cam in my race car out in the driveway on the trailer.
I am gonna go out and pull the ECU and see if these two will run it.
I'll post something and let you all know if it does.
I might just take the car off the trailer and road test it :twisted: IF these ECU's will start it at all.

Member#3307 ??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:42 am 

QUESTIONS:
A). Are these the 1.3 DOHC Computers? ........ Yep
B). Mk2 or Mk3? ......................................... Mk3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:33 am 
banned and still posting

and the only difference between the mk2 and mk3 ecus is that the mk2 eprom stored the mapping on the low register and the mk3 used the high register. either ecu will work on mk2 and mk3 cars.

the "fed" part denotes a non-california emissions standard and doesn't support the egr as required in the golden state. "mt" denotes manual transmission.

make sure that you pull at least one battery terminal before unplugging and plugging in the connectors on the ecu. make sure that the maf, clt, and iat wiring is not grounded to any chassis point. also, make sure that the wiring harness grounds are secured to the bolt on the intake manifold. it helps to clean the area around the 6mm bolt (10mm wrench size) really well with a bit of sandpaper or a sharp file.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:26 am 

The ecu in my 92 GT reads I2. So it will work on twin cam g13b. My car is a none egr motor with o2 sensor.

Hope that helps

Chris

'89 S10 Blazer B&M ratchet shifter BUILT 350 smallblock hedman headers 6AL ignition Lowered 4/5 on 15" Weld Racing Rims

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 am 
banned and still posting

it has been my experience that any twincam ecu will work on any engine. the difference is largely the inner workings of the ecu.

the more important issue arises when you try to replace the actual eeprom. earlier ecus used a chip that stored code in a lower register than the later models. i think that most of the guys who provide eprom upgrades now use a chip that contains both lower and upper registers with code written to both which makes the eprom compatible with both early and later ecus.

also, it has been my experience that the ecus marked "calif. emissions" are the ones that match the twincam cars fitted with the egr type intake manifold. i remember doing a swap where i had a calif. emissions ecu and used the mk2 engine wiring harness without egr wires. i also swapped to the early model intake manifold and fuel rail. that car ran fine.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am 

Hey. Question: From which car this ECU basically came from?