TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:45 pm 

Hello Dear Suzuki fans,

for couple years I was driving big cars, but now mine situation is changed so I was pushed to buy small car with high mpg, So I have bought old, 2000, swift 1.3 gls with G13B engine in it. and I can say, that car is very good.. quite fast and very natural to drive.. so I in love.... but..

sometime the check engine light was blinking, but it has no conection with anythink.. the idle was table, reaction on gas,, sure fast,. and also performance,, quite good. Later I was changing the battery,, and the engine lights was not blinking anymore, ( probably in clear memory..) ,, but after next 4 000 km on it.. the engine is idling very badly,, in any condition hot or cold.. it jump to 1500-1700 for start,, after while it slow down to 1100-900. ... that should be quite normal for cold start, but after I put leg on gas,, it will jump up and again on 1500-1700... and after 10s go again down,,, sometime it makes during driving,,, jump to 1500 and than down.... is quite dangerous if you are driving in trafic jam....

so I have try to find somebody with scan tools. I was in two car shops. and they can connect with car,, but they are not able to read any codes... so I investigate,,, if there is any jumper etc. because I have lot of mazda cars and these old have jumper to provoke codes reading,,, but I have found nothing,,, engine room, fuse box inside,,, nothing,,, I have only two connectors near fuse box. OBD and some white with 6-7 pins in it..

so I am at lost,,....

Please If you can help me,,, I will be happy, because otherwise,, the car is very very good.

Thank you