TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:59 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 pm 

I want to use a usb to ODB2 connector for my laptop connection.
I am also looking for software.
What are you using and why?

97 Geo Metro LSI,1.3L-GT-DOHC-16v,4.10 5-speed,A/C,170,000,suspension lowered 1",4 wheel disk brakes,15"alloy wheels with 185/50-15 Toyo's,GT bucket seats,analog oil pressure gauge,cruise control, new paint job. 40 mpg at 65 mph.
Good, fast, cheap. You only get two.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 am 
Suzuki Elder

if your laptop has bluetooth you can use an obd2 bluetooth adapter. those are around $30.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:03 am 

What about software T3?

97 Geo Metro LSI,1.3L-GT-DOHC-16v,4.10 5-speed,A/C,170,000,suspension lowered 1",4 wheel disk brakes,15"alloy wheels with 185/50-15 Toyo's,GT bucket seats,analog oil pressure gauge,cruise control, new paint job. 40 mpg at 65 mph.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:11 pm 
Suzuki Elder

richard, i use tuner studio for my megasquirt controls. i'm not sure that it would be compatible with what you are trying to accomplish.

there are some guys who are using rhinopower software but i'm not sure of the interface for that.

there's a young guy who was in california but i believe that he is relocating to hawaii. he was burning eproms for the gt cars. you probably met him on your trip to the west coast meet. he was the guy who had the chat with jay leno out there at a car show. anyway, he seems to be up to speed on the latest and greatest apps for tuning. his board name is "Teeth."

i'm using an android app called torque lite and a bluetooth obd2 adapter which displays engine data, codes, and resets ecu faults via a smart phone but i don't think it's good for changing code.

the direction of your project will require whatever software you use to establish a handshake with the ecu so you can flash code to it. i'm relatively sure that there's something out there that will work for you, i'm just not sure what it is you will need. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:22 am 

Thanks T3. To be honest, I am not sure what I need?
I just don't want to spend money on something that isn't going to do what I want.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:03 am 

Look up elm scan I have one that I use with a old Apple IPhone 3 as a scanner for OBD2.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:23 am 

I use Tunerpro RT to tune, and I wish I could use it to datalog.

http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadApp.htm

Tunerpro RT has a plug in that will interface with "ELM327-based interfaces" for OBDII datalogging. I don't know if that includes the 98+ Suzuki sohc 4 cylinder ecus or not, but it's more or less free to try.

As far as accessing or altering maps or other parameters via USB, I don't think there's anything out there that will do this for Suzuki, but I don't know everything :oops: If anybody does know of something please let us know.

Richard and I have spent some time discussing this already--if the maps are actually still contained on an eprom in the obdII ECUs in question as he says, then I could pull a .bin and see what I can find. If I can define maps and other parameters, then those can be manipulated in Tunerpro, either to be burned on a new chip, or to test and tune in realtime using an emulator (Moates Ostrich).

Tunerpro has great tools, not just for tuning, but for finding maps and parameters in unknown code.

Spanish Inquisition Racing chip burning service--build yourself a custom chip!
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=57216

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:09 am 

Universal Serial Bus is also known as U.S.B. connectors are well known for the high-speed data transfer as well as hot swap capabilities they provide to personal computers (PCs). It's also becoming very common to see P.Cs with U.S.B. ports used as diagnostics as well as monitoring devices in industrial automation networks, such as those used by RS422-compliant surveillance and security camera systems. It's very important to remember that the EIA Standard RS422-A specification is very in effect the successor of the RS232 specification and it, in turn, has been superseded through the RS485 specification.
Thanks& regards,
Angel anave
Toronto Web Development | Web Development Toronto