TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:05 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:31 pm 

So to start off this thread i would like to say all the things ive done to this amazing little car.

Followed the hot rod tips on this car and i gotta say it goes for a tiny 1.3l. stripped interior to bare metal except dash and 2 front seats. no more ac and everything that goes along with it. seen a thread saying that without ac removed they took off a good 130 lbs so i shouldve taken off at least 200(if my 15" aluminum rims are lighter than stock.) so the car is pretty bare. funny how much room is in such a small car after.

motor mods are as followed.
45mm tb
self made headers from eclipse megan racing headers(soon to be log style turbo manifold after i can get a cam)
cold air intake
.8mm copper head gasket
head milled .6mm
75mm ycp vitara pistons
maxspeeding con rods (decent quality rods honestly and way beefier than stcokers)
arp head and main studs
experimenting on head porting so i guess you can say im porting the head.

my plans are to have this baby running 15-30psi of boost and hopefully 300hp is my goal from this little thing. seems a bit high honestly but shoot for the stars. the power range i want to be around is 3k to 7.5k if at all possible since these auto trannies have such long gears. turbo wont spool around that rpm range anyways because of how small the motor is. i was thinking of getting the 355/204 profile cam for this car as its not the wildest and i dont want my power starting too far up the revs. if anyone can chime in on how this cam performs id really like to hear about it. if mike can chime in that would be great also.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 am 

oh and when i say 300 hp i mean bhp. whp would be asking for way to much from this little thing. but does no one really have anything to say about how this cam performs compared to this one ".340" lift, 192int/198exh duration " in terms of boosted numbers?