TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:45 am 

https://www.tires.jp/search?season=&wid ... Model=true

This isn't the site I originally found but an example of the tire's available overseas. Regardless of if they ship to the US I have a few friends who go to Japan for formula D every couple years who I'm sure wouldn't mind freighting them back to see my little 3 banger with better tread. Time to start Google translating and see if I can't give them incentive to ship to me. I mean hell my eBay tire's came from China I think :lol: it seems since the last time I checked there are more tire options available here in the states but still they're all for economy. Double kings don't cut it not even close though in a straight line they are very grippy.

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:55 pm 

So I've been busy. Over the weekend I drove over 1,000 miles :lol: . But I now have 2 Turbo sprints in red. I picked up a turbo sprint from a guy who had it for the past 15 years and had given it to his son(bad for this poor sprint). I'm guessing one of you Washington guys snaked my damn turbo =) oh well now for my mini project a n/a MPFi not so turbo sprint. I've now got a good tranny in my possession so after I polish the case(quite literally I'm going to polish the case) it's going into my build. I've got a question that probably is better off in the vw/Audi forums. Are the K04 turbo exaust housing interchangeable? Like say a k04 with a ugly manifold attached to the end can I just ditch that housing and buy a plain k04 exaust housing? That's where my build is at that and I applied for custom plates for my little baby. Took my n/a sprint to the DMV and ditched the temporary for some good Ol crater lake plates. Took the interior out of my new turbo sprint(actually a nice interior) and put it into my n/a as a little joke. Still searching high and low for that lower grille scoop. I wonder where my turbo sprint endevours will bring me next. So far it's one from Idaho and two from Washington. It'll be one heck of a find to get me to go south of the Oregon border no offense Californians :razz:

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:12 pm 

So distributer issue solved. Wrong cap. Rockauto's turbo specific cap is wrong. I checked the parts number to their catalog they matched but this is the wrong cap. Now I have a oem cap and guess what?? It fits :lol:

Transmission is still being cleaned haven't even started to polish yet I'm trying to find some old school mag polish at a garage sale to quicken up the process.

All of my aesthetic's are complete. Only took a year of searching.

Intercooler piping is very tricky without having to cut the sh** out of my bumper so I'm shaving a 1/4" at a time off the inside and will have to get a ez beader to cut a pipe that can make the angle I need from the provided pre cuts that came in my kit. I refuse to lose the factory grill in the bumper because it'd make my car look exactly like others :oops:

Still looking to figure out my exhaust housing predicament.

Still in the works but I'm not quitting now :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:52 pm 

Thanks to a special someone pestering UPS about the lost shipment I finally got my trans id bought minus all the goodies. Funny story I had already acquired 2+ good turbo trans in the time it took UPS to find the first one :lol: . Since this ones not greasy at all just dusty I may not even need to polish it once I do my Magic on it. Replacing the input and axle shaft seals once I scrounge up some funds and then I'll be that much closer to my goal. Nomader how hard I drive it my n/a just can't do it for me :cry: though I did get it in a four wheel slide on one of my favorite corners in town. Hoping some people start asking about my parts so I can get this project moving at the pace it used to be. Drove a 2011 jag at work and even it didn't give me the rush of my turbo sprint :| probably because it was just an xf.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:23 pm 

It's that time :mrgreen: engine is to be bolted in today.

Spent last night removing some cheap window tinting from my quarter glass. Man don't tint for the sake of the next guy this stuff stinks is a pain to remove and is just plain tacky.

About to get a different clutch then the trans will go in. Got the shaft repaired so I'll be running a rhb32 for my break in can't quite afford the exaust shop and I'm just itching to drive this baby around town.

Saw a red mk1 turbo in town here and about pooped my pants too bad I couldn't catch up to him and force him off the road for some BS'ing. Need to do a few broken bolt removals on my core support. Yupp it's close now and I'm excited.