TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:56 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:39 am 

They have all the GM parts manuals online from which you order your parts.

They appear to only go back to the 1980's - no 70's and older.

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:35 pm 

Well when I contacted gm and 4-5 dealership every part I was looking for they told me I was SOL even though they did have the parts in a warehouse. They really don't deal with Suzuki at all in the US anymore. I was directed to ordering parts from Pakistan by other members but I've heard from members from Pakistan that some components are of lesser quality and for the 1500 cc cars(I think). Also I'm sure I and others can answer your questions in a single thread so be careful making multiple threads I haven't read into the rules as much as I should have but then again this seems to be a pretty friendly environment. Make a thread in the parts wanted section and wait is the only solution I've found other than buying parts cars. If ordering large items make sure whatever you do do not let UPS handle the shipment they have done me very wrong on multiple occasions and almost never take responsibility for their errors.

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:28 pm 

Do you think Turbo Specific Parts are available in Pakistan? I'm thinking most are in Canada.

I think an online Factory Parts Manual deserves a Title and it's own thread - so it is searchable and easily found by those needing. The FPM is essential when someone not familiar with these cars is trying to find a missing part they've never seen - especially when it comes to fasteners and clips. I live by searching and I try to post so information is easily found.

Threads vs Postings: There are some forums where they want all your questions about your project car in a single thread. That means if you have a highly technical discussion and repair of a specific component, like a power brake unit, that information is buried and basically not searchable.

When I do a search and want information on a master cylinder, I search titles only. I don't want to get 50 hits and read them all only to find the information I needed wasn't there.

And people who post titles like "I need help" should be water boarded.

UPS: They can be real asshats. Friend had glass crushed and there was a tire track where someone ran over the box. They said it wasn't packaged properly and denied the claim.