TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 am 

I've tried several oils and am now using Royal purple 5W30 and Synchromax. Never measured a MPG improvement but I feel confident leaving it in there 2-3 times as long.
Several years ago I used ATF in the manual tranny because it was muuuch thinner than the 85W?? that the owners manual called for and other cars I owned used it in their manual boxes. No imprvement in MPG but a couple of bearings in the tranny failed after a few years. Could have been unrelated but I'll never use it again.

54 MPG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:41 pm 

Mobile 1 has advanced fuel economy oil which from what I can see on the shelves comes in 0w20 and 0w30. I don't know what that would translate into cause I always use manufacturer reccomended weights.

Attachments:
IMG00335.jpg
IMG00335.jpg [ 443.73 KIB | Viewed 3029 times ]

Suzuki G1.0, setting the bar for hybrids since 85'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm 

HatchJunki wrote:
Mobile 1 has advanced fuel economy oil which from what I can see on the shelves comes in 0w20 and 0w30. I don't know what that would translate into cause I always use manufacturer reccomended weights.

Originally, we'd do the $5 oil changes, but as things got more reliable, we upgraded.
Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 for the win.

$45 an oil change; not for your average engine, but for our non-oil leakers:

(1.0 N/A, 1.0 N/A, 1.0 Turbo, 1.3 DOHC, 1.3 SOHC)
seems to add the extra 'confidence factor' that you have with your current engine oil.
Kudos to the Teamswift member who mentioned it first on this site (think it was the oil geek, gamefoo).

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:16 pm 

HatchJunki wrote:

You should read the story on Royal Purple. He invented Mobil 1, it was to be sold for 8 bucks a quart. Mobile said they could not sell oil that high when it came out, so "change it". To which he said, Why? It is the best in the world. To which they said we cant sell oil for 8 bucks a quart when oil is only 99 cents a quart now. Even as synthetic we can only sell it for 4x the price...so 4 bucks. Your formula is too costly.

So he re did the formula, which became Mobile 1. Then quite and started Royal Purple, using the same formula Mobile did not patent.

....also in every case I have replaced said oil with RP, it have seen mileage gain.