TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 1:20 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:38 pm 

stevieh6 wrote:
so it is worth getting a PWM then?

I have bought the +10 advance sprocket from 3tech so i'll be putting that on soon aswell.

Mate, it is not as easy as that.You are talking about R&D here. its not as simple as building a PWM. I think I made it clear that there is a need for a HUGE amount of bench testing to get the optimum setup that allows the delivery of a Stamn Meyer setup. If alls you are looking for is Browns gas (HOO), then go with the info you have. If I was personally going for this kind of setup, I see that one of the key challenges you have here is trying to get rid of the "crap" that builds up on the electrodes. ie the impurities that are deposited. One way I can think of to reduce the impact of these would be to have a "reservoir" and a pump circulating the fluid through an easily accessible filter. just a thought....

EDIT. BREAKING NEWS (well old news really...) The Stan Meyer effect has been lab tested by JNLABS.. results and data are here.. http://jnaudin.free.fr/wfc/index.htm

NOTE the wire coil (inductor) on the test bench thus giving the setup a "tuned circuit" with the capacitance of the cylindrical cathode and anode immersed in the water....
OH, and a little further in.... http://jnaudin.free.fr/wfc/D14.pdf its all here. And can be done by almost anyone with half a hand and a soldering iron....

btw, good info from jnlabs, they try to test out all types of free energy/ alternative brain therapy (overunity engines etc) http://jnaudin.free.fr/ and they publish all results and the how to guides....
Googling showed a link for browns gas generation here.

NOW I am going to go hide.....

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:58 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i can corroborate that stan had a rack of laboratory grade electronic gear (remember that it was early 1980s and the state of lab equipment was a different world) on the back of his test mule and racks more his test bench.

don't get thrown off by the frequency thing. it's one thing to build a frequency generator at home with a tunable response from 20 to 20,000 hz, it's completely another animal to gin up a radio frequency generator. building a high current power supply that can be controlled in the rf range isn't for beginners or even for most advanced electronics guys unless they specialize in that sort of thing.

i used to do that sort of thing as a function of my job but i haven't had the itch to do any of that for quite a number of years.

a word on that brown swill. it's highly toxic and basically it's super condensed poisonous swill laced with heavy metals, a function of the ion exchange from the stainless alloy used in those cells. most of the idiot hobbyists just pour the stuff on their lawn or down the kitchen sink. it poisons the crap out of ground water sources and current wastewater treatment system technology won't handle it, either.

it absolutely must be disposed of as a hazardous material and again, a hobbyist is largely oblivious to any of that (and wouldn't deal with the expense of proper disposal anyway.)

if you were going to build a hydrolysis cell correctly you would use titanium for the plates. the plates are sacrificial (even the exotic alloys) but with titanium the ash would be titanium oxide for the most part with way fewer contaminants. you could actually dispose of that by dropping the white chunks into latex paint and then using it to paint your fence. :D

the reasons the ebay guys don't use titanium are probably the expense and the lack of a material source. titanium is still sort of an aerospace material but things are changing a bit. i actually bought 5 titanium m6 bolts for my adjustable cam gear to help reduce the rotating mass of the assembly. they were something like 3 bucks apiece. =)

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:55 am 

REALLY?

REALLY People?

Really?

Are you buying in to this stuff???

Really???

If so, I've got a device that can practically eliminate the need for panametric grammeters while at the same time reduce the need for reciprocating dinglearms. Check it out right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:26 am 
Suzuki Elder

i try not to believe things like this unless i actually fiddle with them.

sometimes i have had time to waste and i actually have looked at the snake oil salesmen's offerings on ebay, watched some goofy videos, and played with some stuff on the bench. i have enough previous experience in the wonderful world of science to know what is absolute bullshit.

in my current line of work i have access to a pretty good chemistry lab and i've had the experience of actually having the brown slime from one of these ebay "hydrogen" cells analyzed, samples burned in a gas chromatograph, etc. so i have a basis for my comments. i've also modified an industrial grade pwm power supply to operate the same cell on the bench under tighter controls than you'd find on a car. i did this stuff to show the chemist/ car buff who was involved that it was balderdash. i think i convinced him it was bullshit and a giant waste of time and money to try to run this crap on a car.

others aren't so easily convinced. :huh:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
i try not to believe things like this unless i actually fiddle with them.

sometimes i have had time to waste and i actually have looked at the snake oil salesmen's offerings on ebay, watched some goofy videos, and played with some stuff on the bench. i have enough previous experience in the wonderful world of science to know what is absolute bullshit.

in my current line of work i have access to a pretty good chemistry lab and i've had the experience of actually having the brown slime from one of these ebay "hydrogen" cells analyzed, samples burned in a gas chromatograph, etc. so i have a basis for my comments. i've also modified an industrial grade pwm power supply to operate the same cell on the bench under tighter controls than you'd find on a car. i did this stuff to show the chemist/ car buff who was involved that it was balderdash. i think i convinced him it was bullshit and a giant waste of time and money to try to run this crap on a car.

others aren't so easily convinced. :huh:

I take offence to the above statement. I have run my car on balderdash consistently over my lifetime.
All you have to do is get a sample of the 91 RON petrol they sell here and test it... The 91 RON fuel rating is balderdash...

Richard, I am with you. Thats why I like JNL. they independently try to replicate this stuff. overuntiy motors et al. and they are not afraid to publish negative reults or poor results.
I followed the "overunity" motor portrayed by some internett goof a few years back. turns out that the energy being measured was indeed higher than that input, but was of a nature that could not be practically used. ie no electrical application was capable of utilising it. and if you went to the trouble of designing a converter. ipso facto.... it ain't over unity any more. JNL proved this.

Of course, the inventors argument was that manufacturers over the world should indeed invest in R&D to work out a way to apply his new found crackhead energy and design overunity appliances....(so to speak)
Sigh... and if anyone is onterested in workbench experiments, go build a Bedini motor. then put it alongside a similar 9 v DC motor and run them together... you will be surprised...

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.HP is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how much you push the wall out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:47 pm 

Well, curiosity has me pushing for more research. I attained a bunch of info online the last few days and will be experimenting with the hydrogen genrators and will post up as I go. The theory that it will cost a lot to separate the hydrogen from oxygen is already false. Did this with a 6 volt battery in 10 grade science class. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:04 pm 

Good luck!

I am using 1 cell, running straight off the battery, so flat DC current, you need to create a specific pulse wave, as used by Stan Meyers, to get the best results, and i have no idea how to create it.

Also i'm pretty sure that im gonna need another cell to create enough hydrogen to actually make a difference.

I paid £60 for cell 1, if I get another cell and at the very least a PWM, i'm looking at another £120.

I really dont know if I want to invest that much money on something which might turn out to be bullshit.

I'm pretty sure i'm getting about 2mpg extra, but thats such a small figure that I can't trust that it was caused by my setup.

Let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:58 am 

To be honest, I haven't found much on the "pulse wave" theory. I will be attempting to create wet or dry cell hydrogen generators thru electrolysis. Then I will try to inject that hydrogen / hydroxy into the air intake.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:10 pm 

http://jnaudin.free.fr/wfc/index.htm

the top diagram shows the pulse wave form used to break the molecules.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:44 am 

Interesting topic.... As far as the hydrogen powered car is concerned, that technology was THE monorail of the tech boom gone bust.

Remember Ballard power in Vancouver? When they got all the car manufacturers interested and actually invested in their fuel cells, their stocks skyrocketed to the stratosphere! Then Ballard himself sold out along with the top brasses. I could not believe the likes of Mercedes could be duped. Fuel cell technology has been around for decades but no one bothered to scale it down for consumer use partly because hydrogen will always be too dangerous to handle in everyday cars! There will never be any useful infrastructure built for hydrogen in our life time. Rumour has it hat ballard is still researchin independently in his secret underground bunker somewhere near town. Or maybe he is simply enjoying his 100's of millions. So much for that.

Now we have the 2nd or 3rd wave of EV's. I'd like to see where that goes. When I signed up to reserve a Leaf some boso electrical contractor came to assess the 240v charger install. I just built my house a couple of years ago, the main panel is in the garage with a 240v outlet for my compressor that I could use for the charger and he quoted a $3000 install to Nissan! The leaf would have been close to 50 grand with taxes for a battery pack that might last 8 years??? I am better off spending 10g's on my swift and the remaining 40 on 20 years of good old gasoline! Battery technology has come a long way but there seems to be a stumbling block for that to get to the cars!

Should we talk about PV cells? What happened to the low cost panel manufacturers? They always get bought up by some oil based company and are never heard from again.

Well, the Stan Meyer story is an interesting one. I have read a lot about water power in the last few years and it seems plauseable. Those brown gas generators are as good as the electric turbo. But what Stan and a few others might have done was to split the molecule through vibration or other means. No one who openly speaks about their own working invention ever seem to live to tell though. I read that when / if water is vibrated with a transducer to he molecule's RF the expansion is so violent that it can blow a hole through a roof. Then there is a guy who ran /runs an old v8 around on water alone for years but never revealed his name due to fear of death. OR this is just another urban myth!

If someone can tinker with a cheap honda generator 4 stroke and post their findings here that would be great! Imagine running all the appliances off water?!

Some interesting reading:http://www.keelynet.com/energy/docx.htm :buzz:

'60 Austin Healey Sprite, '67 Austin Healey 3000, '74 celica GT w/ 18rg, '88 RX7 10th anniversary, '89 MR2 SC, '05 Infiniti G35 6MT

Had
'80 Renault Le Car, '73 Celica ST, '76 VW Rabbit, '96 Honda Civic Si coupe, '87 Toyota Corolla GTS hatchbk
Casually looking for
early 240Z, Celica All-Trac ST165, Supra Turbo A80, NSX