TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:31 pm 
Suzuki Elder

it has been a very long time since i updated this thread. the track suspension with the ltlsu springs and spherical bearing adjustable camber upper mounts was a super performer but had a bone jarring ride. it made my daily commute leave me feeling like a 70 year stone mason. :blackeye:

i recently replaced the suspension with new h&r sport springs in new kyb excel g struts.

there's a big difference in spring height, the ltlsu springs really dropped the car to the ground.

i got another batch of powder coated parts back from my guy and i used some of them to build the strut assemblies and the rest went under the hood. he did the throttle body for me last year and the new batch had a red maf body to match so they went on. he did an oem intake manifold name plate and a new custom billet battery hold down bracket, too.

the car is running better than ever. the new suspension work gives the car a more tolerable ride. and when the hood is up the engine bay is handsome.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:25 pm 

Who Knew..... Rembrandt drives a Suzuki product.. True Artwork on wheels.... Best wishes. Jonathan

1991 Vert (red) 129k 5sp,AC, Resto-Mod, 75% Done.(Clean SW car)
1993 GT(Teal) 103k 5sp,AC,w/PW (Resto-Mod,60% done.)(Clean SW car)
1994 Swift GS 4Dr sedan (Painted 2005 Ford Kona Blue) 95k 1.3 SOHC 5sp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:50 pm 
Suzuki Elder

update summer 2016.

i have been averaging about 100 miles a week, 3 days commuting and weekend pleasure driving the red twincam vert. aside from a bit of cold start bitchiness from neutering the idle control, the car runs and drives like new gt.

when the brutal summer heat subsides i hope to get a little paint and body work in but i don't have any major changes or work in mind this year for the car.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:21 pm 

Rich , If you do any more changes next year what would be next ? :D

See The MR. SUZUKI Convertible here >>>> viewtopic.php?f=36&t=24728
or here >>>> http://geometroforum.com/topic/5577648/1/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:29 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i'm not sure, jason. i had planned on doing the megasquirt/ turbo thing but i made a command decision to remain n/a.

i might change the wheel arch flares from the copied oem flares to a more industrial race car type. the oem fender flares really want the factory optional bumper skirts and i don't have them. the re-pop flares i got from steefk are excellent but a guy in australia builds some fiberglass race car fender flares that look pretty neat.

and if i go that way i'll do the whole thing up - cut out and fold back the wheel arches and locate and install clecons so that i can unbolt the flares from the fenders.

that's one of the things that has had me holding off on a full re-spray. i am always happier with my cars when i've got some work to do. after i finish working on them and all that's left is driving them, they sort of lose their allure and end up being garage queens. :blackeye:

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:09 pm 

Phil N Ed wrote:
I heard that Eastwood is looking for a new spokesperson for their products.
Any chance they contacted you?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Seriously, you are the "Marsbar' of North America...or at least I vote for you.

31 mentions of 'Eastwood Company's Rust Encapsulator in 22 pages so far... :P

'94 Metro LSi 'Green Machine'
'94 RHD (Totaled)
Vail, AZ

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:18 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i am replacing my suzuki re-pop fender flares with freshly designed fiberglass flares i got from a guy in australia. as a bonus he sent along a set of headlight brows. these are old school body styling tricks and i sort of like the period look now that i mounted them.

i'll go on and wrap them to match the hood.

i'm working on finishing the sanding and painting of the fender flares. the paint should be dry for mounting late this weekend.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:05 pm 
Suzuki Elder

new fender flares. 8)

dry fitment.

applied with 3m window weld urethane.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:26 pm 

you could put carbon fibre vinyl on on flares and body kits. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:56 pm 

Those look good Richard!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 pm 
Suzuki Elder

as an adhesive to attach the fiberglass flares, 3m window weld was crap. i ended up using gorilla construction adhesive which seems to have worked great.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:05 pm 

The optional GTI front and rear lips, painted black, would go perfect with those flares!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:26 pm 
Suzuki Elder

yes, if they could be found. :roll:

i paid for a suzuki accessory front bumper lip years ago and got screwed on the deal and have never found a seller for either the front or back that didn't want too much money on top of enormous shipping fees.

my australian contact is hooking me up with "one off" custom splitters to match his flares. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22