TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:53 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Snake Eyes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:27 am 

Attachment:
Optimized-20141204_151802.jpg
Optimized-20141204_151802.jpg [ 580.04 KIB | Viewed 1919 times ]

I call this one Snake Eyes. It constantly has something wrong with it. Since I finally figured how to reduce the image size I will post a picture of my 5 speed.
This one is an auto. My wife drives it, it has no guts but I don't mind driving it, I am older and if it were not for the less fuel economy I would be driving an auto.

Attachments:
Optimized-20141204_151802.jpg
Optimized-20141204_151802.jpg [ 580.04 KIB | Viewed 1919 times ]

Post subject: Re: Snake Eyes
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:31 am 

Sorry about putting the picture in the wrong Topic must had hit the wrong button :WTF:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 am 

Very nice . What kind of body kit does it have on ? Can you post pics of front and rear ends?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:17 pm 

Pray tell, what is constantly wrong with it?
What can possibly go wrong?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:45 pm 
Island Inbreeder

I call this one Snake Eyes. It constantly has something wrong with it.
This one is an auto. My wife drives it, it has no guts but I don't mind driving it, I am older and if it were not for the less fuel economy I would be driving an auto.[/quote]

I can relate....
I've owned cars I swear were posessed and will admit replaced everthing within the car to make it right in the end ...and not proud to admit it the only thing that fixed that car was a sharp sawall and extra blades
drivetrain went in another car .. ran well
complete wiring harness from front to back complete..and that car ran well
that car had bad Jue-jue..even to this day I still have a few parts(peices) left and swear it hates me taunts me ..
sometimes you just got to know when to say enough and move on
Loss of power por fuel economy ..? what plugs your running and whats the gap
Plugged air filter
Plugged exhaust
dirty TB injector
.......jv&s

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:53 am 

DTM GTi wrote:
Very nice . What kind of body kit does it have on ? Can you post pics of front and rear ends?

Dunno about the side panels, still researching, I have only see one yellow one on the net with similar. The work is almost perfect. Paint is nearly flawless, won't last long cause it is my Wife's ride, Seats and interior great, weather stripping sucks. I I have a few more pictures in the tablet. I will post a few more. I drive a 93 Vert 5 speed. The paint is 2 years old, the clear coat is already peeling. I will post pictures of it too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:58 am 

Attachment:
Optimized-20141204_151708.jpg
Optimized-20141204_151708.jpg [ 454.14 KIB | Viewed 1876 times ]
fubar007 wrote:
DTM GTi wrote:

Dunno about the side panels, still researching, I have only see one yellow one on the net with similar. The work is almost perfect. Paint is nearly flawless, won't last long cause it is my Wife's ride, Seats and interior great, weather stripping sucks. I I have a few more pictures in the tablet. I will post a few more. I drive a 93 Vert 5 speed. The paint is 2 years old, the clear coat is already peeling. I will post pictures of it too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:28 am 

NGK plugs, gapped 40 TB cleaned, exhaust is almost new. Probably is running as hard as an anemic auto should.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:51 am 

Mostly minor issues..Starter solenoid jammed plunger melted stranded me 150 miles from home, Tow Dolly home. Battery failed cell died, 50 miles from home jumper pack saved me. Leaky transmission lines on engine, corrected that. Running too hot for my likes, 198 at thermos housing. New Thermostat 180 New radiator now runs at 182 degrees at the thermostat housing. Checked with non contact thermometer. Now has transmission weep on lower Radiator coolant line, will not stop no matter how tight fitting is torque. Tire threw a wheel weight, front end started vibrating at 50 mph, rebalance, forty bucks shot, windshield wiper blew off in the rain on the interstate, wife tied a Kotex to the arm to keep from scratching the windshield. Still it embarrassed me to have a sanitary napkin on my windshield. Sounds like the fuel pump may be getting noisy, did the fuel filter relocation thing, found a leaking fuel line that I needed Houdini to replace. I still stink of gas. Front left bumper clip fell off, will have to remove plastic fender well to get to it. Windshield washer pump leaks when it feels like it. Front bumper near park lights separating double sided tape has failed. Need to remove entire front bumper cover to glue it back. Dash buttons and heater buttons popping off. Some moron put push button start under dash, I cannot find firewall wires to put a relay fix on it. Left window is getting stiff to roll up. That is this weeks problems, stay tuned for next weeks carnage.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:20 pm 

Besides that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the Play???

1991 Vert (red) 129k 5sp,AC, Resto-Mod, 75% Done.(Clean SW car)
1993 GT(Teal) 103k 5sp,AC,w/PW (Resto-Mod,60% done.)(Clean SW car)
1994 Swift GS 4Dr sedan (Painted 2005 Ford Kona Blue) 95k 1.3 SOHC 5sp