TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:27 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:27 am 

This may be a old question, bear with me. I have a 91 vert. The bracket that comes attached to the bottom of the side piece has come off. Can it be reattached, or do I just find a new side piece, ebay or wherever?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:04 pm 

which side do you need? (drivers or passenger)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:21 pm 

Did the hinge come off the plate that is molded in the cover (held on by 2 screws) or I'm assuming the " dreaded "plate that is molded into the cover has been pulled out of the cover? As to previous post/question what color?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:33 am 

Hi, I know it's an old post, but I need the part badly, it's a driver side hinge that connects from driver side pillar to the driver side tonneau.
Appreciated if someone could sale that part to me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:20 am 

What color? There is black, light gray, and dark gray?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:42 am 

I am still fighting with the dreaded plate that has come undone from the side tonneau cover. J B weld held for a while but finally gave in. I need a black drivers side piece. I am going to try screwing it back on through the plastic until I can get a replacement. Question, when the top is up I can't get the tonneau cover to fit back in place.It seems like something is missing to hold up the center back piece. Does anyone have pics to show what I maybe missing ? I can't find anything online or in a manual to look at and there aren't any to see in person. I will post pics of what I have. THANKS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:42 am 

Here is a diagram of the top boots. The back inside of the outer boots are held up by a fitting (#13) in the center boot. It fits in the oval hole(#14). It also rests on a rubber fitting on the car(not shown). The second pic is a type of pop rivet that the bottom expands. Might try this before drilling a hole through the boot.

Attachments:
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG [ 108.5 KIB | Viewed 1842 times ]
rivet.JPG
rivet.JPG [ 14.79 KIB | Viewed 1842 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:22 pm 

Thanks I'll give it a try. I am missing the rubber foot or feet ( not shown ) of course. It's hard to tell what's missing when they don't show it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:20 am 

Grandma D. wrote:
I am still fighting with the dreaded plate that has come undone from the side tonneau cover. J B weld held for a while but finally gave in. I need a black drivers side piece. I am going to try screwing it back on through the plastic until I can get a replacement. Question, when the top is up I can't get the tonneau cover to fit back in place.It seems like something is missing to hold up the center back piece. Does anyone have pics to show what I maybe missing ? I can't find anything online or in a manual to look at and there aren't any to see in person. I will post pics of what I have. THANKS

I had the nuts fall out of one of my side covers and I just fiber-glassed them back in. Carefully drilled out for the screws. It's still holding 7 years later as far as I know (sold the car but still see the new owner).

There are supports to hold the rear cover up (part # 5 I think). They attach to the body. They come in 2 different thicknesses. You may need the thicker ones. I couldn't tell you which years used which thickness but it's a problem I solved because I had a set of both types.

Hope that helps you.