TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 2:16 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Glass differences
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:08 pm 

Are windshields from hatchbacks compatible? What about the side windows?

Also, the clips on my window trim are broken. The piece that runs along the top of the door. Can I use clips or the trim piece from a hatchback?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Glass differences
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:32 am 
Suzuki Elder

the windshield glass on a vert is wider and taller than a hatchback so, no, the windshield from a hatchback doesn't fit a vert.

i believe that the side windows from a hatchback will work on a vert. i recall using one once when some dick head broke my driver's side window in the process of stealing my radio. dumb ass! the car wasn't locked. :roll:

the trim clips on a vert are different and the trim itself is different from 3 door parts. you're striking out on the parts exchange plan. :|

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:59 am 

Will the outside door trim fit if it use a hatchback mirror

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:38 pm 

The side windows are different on vert aren't they? Rounded corner at back.

Mirrors are same for all Metros hatch or vert.

Suzuki Cultus or Swift convertibles with folding mirrors have a unique filler piece to fill gap between mirror and door trim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:38 pm 

While on the subject of mirrors... I have a set of gt mirrors lined up. What trim will I need to make it look complete? The gt door trim? Also, has anyone added power mirrors into a t3 body harness? I'd rather not swap body harness' unless it is less work

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:02 pm 

Quote:
What trim will I need to make it look complete? The gt door trim?

No, there is a short, convertible-specific vertical black trim piece that hides a gap between the mirror and the horizontal black door trim. This is used on European and JDM Swift and Cultus convertibles with folding mirrors.

Quote:
Also, has anyone added power mirrors into a t3 body harness? I'd rather not swap body harness' unless it is less work.

A factory stock T3 uses standard Metro mirrors, so there is no provision for power mirrors. It doesn't seem worthwhile to swap the entire body harness if all that you are adding is just the power mirror(s) and a mirror adjustment control. I would suggest just adding the necessary wiring within a standalone harness.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:51 am 
Suzuki Elder

i think that you are right about the rounded part of the door glass at the back upper part.

i swapped the powered gt mirrors to both my verts. like you suggested, i stripped the mirror wiring from gt harnesses and only added the switch and wiring to both sides and under the dash. you also need the short intermediate cables between the mirrors and the harness. i had to drill pass through holes and use the rubber boots from the gt as well.

as a bonus, member <bowens> was able to order a right hand drive trim cover for the inside driver's door which got rid of the pass through hole for the mirror adjustment lever for my mk2 vert which cleans up the interior. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:55 pm 

Hi there I have a set of working GT mirrors for sale, complete with harness and adjustment button.
They do need to be painted because they are not the same color. I guarantee that they work.