TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:53 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Geosabi
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:47 am 

I hear a click on the inside of the car when ignition is set to on but its on an interior relay. Weird, at first I didn't have the lights hooked up and didn't know the 4 ways were on, so the flasher was buzzing like an alarm. I had to add the airbag harness back in too as the starter was engaging when just pushing the clutch in, that was hooking the ignition switch up without going through the airbag wiring. Will check grounds, could be too much paint where it is now and fuel relay and will report back, thank you.

Post subject: Re: R.I.P. Geosabi
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:15 pm 

Fuel pump relay wasn't clicking on but was tested working. Grounds were great, tested continuity between wires and chassis. Made no difference if the ecu was in or out of the car (it was out when welding). Put a multimeter on the fuel pump connector, no voltage, no spark, no pump.

Anyway, as carelessness set in for the night, daylight running out, a rush to gather / close everything and flailing at mosquitoes, as every evening, an unassuming, light, flexible plastic object struck the windshield and though it was under tension, it crackled like a campfire. Couldn't believe my eyes as I had to shine a light to confirm. As a weight of my shoulders, relieved in a way and for fun, I attempted similar damage to the already broken windshield of the parts car even using a heavier metal object and it did no additional damage.

Lots of cheap aftermarket repairs were done on Geosabi. So that's that! The windshield only had a dime sized stone chip in it before and as frustrating a result, I spent just a couple months, won't be burning more time ripping wiring and ecu out of the parts car since Geosabi wasn't running before it rejected the already running engine I put in it and I didn't think to check these things prior. Really was just going off of word on this, learned hard on that.

Unforeseen major issues and other things aside, I had a lot of fun working on the 3 bangers again and secretly this has helped me decide to get another, non neglected 3, cylinder car! ;) , plus I get my yard and garage back! Just at a hefty cost :( Although I would have challenged myself even further with this puzzle, this high mileage car fought every step of the way, even coming off the trailer! So it's maybe it's not so bad.