TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:53 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:03 pm 

New re-built engine, balanced and board out. 3k miles on engine. New rebuilt automatic transmission (AAMCO) - 10k miles. Sway bars and stabilizer bars on top of shocks. Stabilizer bar under engine. Recent paint job (white) and new navy blue top. A/C. New tires, new shocks. An awesome stereo w/hi-def radio. Fosgate speakers. No rust, been garaged. Too many extras to list. A SERIOUSLY nice ride especially for summer! $5,700.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:42 pm 

Looks like a nice unit

However I don't think you will get any interest at that price

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:22 pm 

Thank you for your input. But let me tell you about what work I've put into this vehicle.
The motor was rebuilt board out and balanced right down to the lifters and fly wheels which cost $2,800. It only has less than 3,000 miles which I haven't even broken in yet.
The tranny was rebuilt by AAMCO (less that 10,000 miles ago). If you know anything about AAMCO, they are expensive. That cost $3,500. I put extensive sway bars to the suspension, along with stabilizers across on top of the shocks for more body support. The back stabilizer bar in the trunk is made of aluminum that I bought from Canada. That cost $600 alone. I also put a stabilizer bra under the engine for even more support.
Along with new Michelin tires and a high-def radio and Fosgate speakers, there's at least $2,500 in the stereo alone. All this was put together in the 15 yrs. that I've owned this car. Always been garaged, there is no rust ANYWHERE. It drives like a Porsche - a nice, weak Porsche.
I had it painted a while back and a new blue top. I cleaned up the exhaust so it has the maximum air flow.
But this is the most important point I'd like to make: I've always had the work done by mechanics and I've always kept it original.
One thing I haven't mentioned is I have a brand-new dark blue carpet still in the box that matches the color of the convertible top. Those carpets cost $600.
I'm sorry I'm asking so much for this vehicle. But I've put so much love into this vehicle that I want it to go to someone who appreciates it.
It would be nice to have someone who had a crappy Geo Metro buy this one so they can experience Metro Nirvana. Something that is complete, not leaky or squeaky, and nice looking.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:11 am 

Please include a close up photo of the rockers showing the seam under the door. If it isn't there, it's been mudded and the problems have been covered. That is the telltale sign of a car worthy of a way higher than book value car that has been "rebuilt".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:10 pm 

Thx for telling me. I had never of that before. As such, I'm not sure I took what you asked for, but here are photos, taken from driver's side.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:54 pm 

To be clear, you have posted pics of the bottom of the doors. the seam of interest is not the door but the metal sill panel located directly below the doors known as the rocker panel. There should be a vertical seam near the back 1/3 of this panel close to the door jamb light switch area. Rocker panels and floor pans are important to any convertible's structural integrity. On a Geo vert.. having perfect rust free original rocker panels adds a lot to its market value.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:15 am 

OK hope this is what you're talking about. If not, please tell me if any of them are anywhere near what you mean or please send a photo so I know what you're talking about. Thanks for your patience.