TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:33 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1987 Chevy sprint turbo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 pm 

Up for sale is my little pocket rocket. This car has been my little toy for driving back and forth to work for a few years. While I love it to death it can never be what I really want it to be. An old rat rod. I have been wanting to do another build for some time. Even before I sold my other I wanted a new project. With that said, that is my only motivation for selling.

I rescued this car from a field and it hadn't run in who knows how many years. The mice did do a number on the interior so when I got it I took out pretty much everything as it was in horrible shape. It has seats and a heater. Not much more. It runs incredibly well and is a legitimate daily driver. I put no less then 150 miles a week in this car. I get 30-32mpg in town and 36-40mpg depending on how much of and adult or how much of a jerk I drive like on the higway.

The car is all stock and runs incredibly well. It has been to the dyno and did much better than we were expecting for factory boost levels. It made 69hp and 71lb/tq on a mustang dyno. It weighs 1475lbs and moves quite well even with the low output from the turbocharged three cylinder.

Here are some of the things that have been done or have been done recently to the car

Timing belt-Dec 2016
Camshaft and crankshaft seals-dec 2016
New wheels and tires-Jan 2017
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Spark plugs and wires-Dec 2016
2" side(the side exit is no longer on the car. It has a full exhaust now with a brand new catalytic converter?
New battery -Nov 2016
Solid front motor mount
Pedal stop for clutch pedal
New oxygen sensor-Feb 2017

There are a lot of details and a nice story about saving the car from certain death. There is just too much to list here that would make it boring. It is quite the fun car and had been autocrossed a few times with mild success. There just is not many of these cars out there. While not the prettiest example, mechanically this is as good as they come.

Please call with questions as I am happy to share. The car will continue to get driven until sold. I am not in a hurry to sell as the new rat rod has not been purchased yet and the build will take a while. I also have plenty of vehicles so there is nothing I need to rush into. If the ad is still up the car is still around.

As of 3/24/17 the car passed Colorado eemissions. The new owner will receive the certificate which is good for two years.

$1,700/obo

Steven

720-483-9375

Pictures can be seen here-
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6030770520.html

Last edited by biglady112 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 pm 

I like it! Nice car, GLWS, wish you were closer :)

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:26 pm 

you pay for the flight home and fuel and I'll deliver. or could meet you at the border of you pay for fuel both ways. some haggle room on price.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:53 am 

Whoah!... Is this biglady112 of 4G61T Legend/Fame?! I swear to have deduced this possible conclusion ~before~ I saw the specific and fine 4x114.3 wheel choice on this tootin' lil' T3! 8)

Kanpai!,

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 pm 

Yes, I am one in the same. I am a Suzuki nut as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:07 am 

Bump for a price update.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:34 pm 

This car is now sold.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:35 pm 

This car is now sold.