TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:44 am 

Hi chaps

First post, been reading for years, great forum for service info etc., glad we are back online after the DNS mishap late last year!

Anyway, I'm going to respray my Swift 1.0 GLS. It's red and I'm sick of polishing it all the time to stop it going pink, so going to respray in original red.

I've been trying to find info on the black plastic door bump strips running down the sides (I have 3dr). I want to know how these are fixed to the doors because I am going to remove them before the respray.

I'm hoping they are just glued on and will come off easily with some dental floss and a hair dryer, but sometimes these things are clipped in etc.

Any info greatly received
Cheers
Bobert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:18 pm 

They should just be glued to the door

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 am 

glued on but with strong glue! so with thin metal doors you need to be careful removing them.

if your original red paint is not bare or thin in spots, I would suggest trying rubbing compound and a good paint sealant. nothing beats restoring the original paint finish if the body is otherwise rust and dent free.

my vert was purchased with super faded chalky pinkish red. it was rubbed out and remains shiny many years later.