TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1.0L performance Mods
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:23 pm 
Yeah, what mods car be done(cheaply) to these engines? I don't have the time/money for a 1.3L GTi engine swap. I can get my hands on a 85 Honda Accord engine should I use that? Please help me if you can. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:14 am 

hypothetically you could...but it will be more expensive then the gt conversion.<br><br>try cai, or wai, and exhaust, then little things, weight reduction, etc...<br>every little bit helps <p>.:Daley:. <br><br>1989 Swift GTi <br>Slightly modded.<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/craig_d6/carshome.html">My Site!</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://daley.20fr.com/photo.html">Pictures Page</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:27 am 
how cheap?<br><br>i had a metro with advanced timing, custom made ram air filter, wires, Plugs, Ignition coil, Custom 2.25 exhaust from the manifold al the way back and the increased fuel flow trick. it works but probably only good for a couple hp.the only reason i still have it is to see how far i can push it before it goes.<br> <br>they make cams, chip and a nos kit for the 3 banger. but as much as that costs you could just get a stock gt motor and have more power then what you will get from the 3 cylinder with mods. <br> <br>But if you must keep it email me and i'll send you a whole list of stuff you can do with it.<br><br>Megabanton1@aol.com<br> <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: re
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:28 pm 
banned

ok, you can do a cheaper coversion, try to get a 16 valve sohc 1300, my friend put one in his 3cyl and we did a couple mods and hes running gtis easyily!!!<br>no rev limit on this f%$#@er lol<br>oh yeah, is your car efi or carb? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: 3 banger
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 3:43 pm 
how much money does a 1300 run for? I'm very poor but I know this 3 banger won't last as long as a 4 banger. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: 3 banger
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:36 am 

i wouldnt pay more then 400 canadian for one.<br>you need ecu and harness etc...total about 600-700 plus labour. <p>.:Daley:. <br><br>1989 Swift GTi <br>Slightly modded.<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.geocities.com/craig_d6/carshome.html">My Site!</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--><br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://daley.20fr.com/photo.html">Pictures Page</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:41 am 
banned

the swaps we do are all carb, MUCH simpler, no harness/ecu, easy to wire up<br>if your 3cyl iscarb this would be better, if you get a fuel injection 1300(single point) i think you should put carbs on it, a nice webber will work fine <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:11 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

there's a 99 1.3L dohc w/ ecu & everything in the buysell.com for the lower mainland right now for $800obo .. i'm tempted to grab it myself. anyone know if that's a typo ? didn't think the 1.3L dohc was still available in any models as of '99<br> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:46 am 

I think (if your in Canada), that it's a 1.3 16 valve SOHC that produced 79 HP instead of 70... <p>Powered by a lawnmower, but still kicking ass<br><br>1995 Pontiac Firefly 4 doors GTi</p><i></i>

Post subject: Turbo it
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:00 pm 
Buy a turbo andmaniflod 100bux or so adjust the boost so your only running 5psi and hangon. I have a 3 cyl. turbo metro convertible 2014 pounds with me in it. El cheapo tires 165/65r13s crappy suspension no sway bars nothing yet anyways and i ran a 15.7@85mph in the quarter mile, andthecar wasnt running right cause plugs were gapped to much. Anyways that was stock exhaust as well. This motor is out of a turbo firefly I bought the whole car for short money from L0g1k back in may. Came withwing and really cool seats plus really cool ground effects almost like gti and the racing buckets only way to go 14s buy june hopefully. <br>George<br>91 T3 Vert.<br>94 Metro XFi<br>91 Toyota Truck<br>67 Dodge Dart Gt <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Turbo it
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:46 am 
I wish I could find a turbo. When I do, they are over 2000 miles away. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: turbo
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:56 am 
i BORROWED a turbo from the truck shop i work at.. its from a small Hino truck turbo.<br><br>doesnt the nearest junkyard have any small turbo cars? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:24 pm 

Hey you can do lots to the 1.0L

it takes time a resources! That's for sure
I have an 88 suzuki forsa MK1 3cylinder Turbo

My baby is done! it just needs some fine tunning.
i suggest the basics if you have no money... intake, wires.. i mean go cheapo and get custom... make a ram air out of aluminum duct like me!

check out my site for a list of what i did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:03 pm 

Hey Rizman,I drove that car last summer,I assume before you bought it.I looked at buying it too.Nice body,but it was really slow.Have you gotten it to run right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:58 pm 

Ya i added a bunch to the car!

i had a good setup when i got it

it was running around 15 psi, now i got it up to about 19-20psi, i added the ram air.. which helps, the NOS, a huge 119db BOV which eliminated the turbo lag.. and i replaced the turbo piping which had leaks. Adjusted the air fuel ratio. i drive the crap out her so it runs good now only put in 94 octane. its running better i also hooked up 2 etrxa fuel injectors... just need to replace the O2 sensor, i burned that baby out from running too rich, also i got an under drive and adjustable cam gear... i advanced the timing.

what did you buy instead of the Forsa?

~Riz~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:07 pm 

I wanted to add it to my collection :lol: I have an 87 turbo,and an 89 turbo.I'm only about an hour away,near Brantford.Maybe we can meet up some day,I'd like to see your setup.I had nitrous on my 87,but took it off.How big of a shot are you running?Do you autocross?There is one coming up in Woodstock,and I may go if I'm not working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:46 pm 

Ya i wish i had more than one...

My clutch is blown... i have to get that fixed, i am trying to figure out what to get, what do you suggest, OEM or somehting else.

thanx

~RiZ~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:14 pm 

Stock clutch is good,but there are some good aftermarket ones.Check this out

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/mes ... &msg=922.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:41 pm 

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:05 pm 
Teamswift Racer

hey MGA

you say you got an IHI turbo from a small Hino truck??????do you know what model/year??( i work at a hino dealership!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:01 pm 
dont have it anymore but it was from a small 1992-4 cabover. realy small truck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:44 pm 
Teamswift Racer

ok, fb15 model. thanks, i'll keep an eye out for one next time we have a turbo go through the shop. unfortunatly the new ones are MONSTERS compared to those ones. is it an IHI turbo, it is around that vintage they were starting to go over to the garretts!

the older ones (87-91) FB14's have an even smaller turbo, may be more suitable