TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: geo metro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:31 pm 
wasn't sure which section to file this under so i'll try here. been trying to find info on geo metro 1.0L and not coming up with much but i did find that the geo metro is really a suzuki swift in other countries so here i am. does any know if this is true and did the 1.0L ever come out in other countries or just here in america? having a hard time finding any info so any would help thanks for the time and help hopefully. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: geo metro
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:38 pm 
<br><br>Yeah, i believe that is true.<br>Over here in Australia, the one litre is a swift. We also have the Holden Barina's, similar to your metro i think. <p>Beer Loving Swift Drinker</p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:47 pm 

if you own a 1.0 litre geo metro, a pontiac firefly and chevy sprint is the same thing (at least in Canada its like that). The suzuki swift is close to teh same, but i dont think they made a 1.0 litre swift, just the 1.3....correct me if im wrong (for canada)<br><br>MOrgan <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:22 pm 

In Canada, Suzuki indeed sold a 1.0 litre Swift from 93-94 as the Swift GA. It was very basic without even a tachometer, which the Metro/Firefly/Sprint offered as an optional extra. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: thanks/more help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:13 pm 
my reply got lost.... anyway thanks for helping me figure that out. now does anyone know anywhere that sells upgrade parts for the 1.0L? i can't seem to find any but surely there must be some. the car is very basic bought only with an automatic transmission and a rear defogger as options. looking to increase power so i can pass cars easier if i need to without needing alot of open road to do it in. better handeling would be good to. so if you could point me anywhere that would be great and thanks again <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: thanks/more help
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:09 am 
Not to be vauge or anthing but search the fourm there is loads of stuff that is availble for your car. <br><br>As for going faster...is there an aftermarket performance filter for that??? I am not sure....oh and you could support the forum buy purchesing a chip from kyle...only $41 shipped to you then all you have to do is get it put in and bam faster car....oh wait....is the ECU different for the 1.0l 3 banger??<br>Also check out http://www.ssgti.com for some general ideas of where to go with your car....i wouldnt buy anything from him though as the prices are way to high but still as good knowledge base<br><br>Welcome to TeamSwift by the way <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: basd
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:02 am 
i just posted metro again, im in a sports car club and me and some freinds were looking at making a metro fast for autox and drag ( to us a high 13 second car woudl be extremely pleasing for a metro) and autox car, we know it has ind........read my other post and reply to that. basically we wanna turbo it and make it handle really nicely with 4 wheel disc brakes. <p></p><i></i>