TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:51 pm 

I know this is a swift forum but I thought i'd get flamed on the samurai forums for this. I'm building a 1984 Suzuki SJ410 street truck. It originally had the 1.0L engine but I have since replaced it with a g13 from an '86 samurai. I'm just curious on what all I can do with this little engine to make some power with it since this engine is needing a rebuild aswell. As of right now I have a long tube header and thats about it. Is there any performance cams available for this engine? How much can the block be bored and is there aftermarket high compression pistons available? Can the head be decked to raise compression aswell? If so, how much can safely be removed. Im also looking into redline performances dual weber side draft intake.

I have found some parts for the GTi engine but I dont know tons about the suzuki engines. I was originally going to go with a ford 2.3 but liking the idea of keeping it all suzuki if possible. Any help would be great. I would like to keep it N/A aswell as carbed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:24 pm 

You can make power lots of ways. For one getting a cam from 3tech and an underdrive pulley. If you ask nicely that is and got money. :D Also there is Zuki engines:http://zukiengines.com/ You could ask those guys as well.

Is you G13 dohc or sohc? That will help other's in your quest for HP!

Also I have a weber 32/36 DGAV for sale with adapter plate and FPR. All you would need is linkage for throttle and throttle cable mount. which is a cheap package for the linkage and mount. PM if you are interested.

1996 Geo Tracker 1.6l 16v 4cyl 1590cc (Daily)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:48 pm 

Its a sohc g13. I have came across some 10.2 comp pistons in .020 and .040 bore. So im assuming it should be safe boring it atleast that amount if the parts are out there but im not completely sure. I would like to try getting as much as I can out of this tiny engine. I dont have a budget set atm either just curious what all can be done then I can start pricing parts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:52 pm 

if you're using it for wheeling, go with a 1.6 16v out of a sidekick or tracker, or even a 2L out of a vitara/tracker/aerio (2.3L in some aerios)
if you're interested in the 2L (J20), PM geopat, hes got a 2L in his LWB samurai.

the 1.6 2wd sidekick tranny will work for you, you just have to get a custom driveshaft between the tranny and the t-case

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:04 pm 

I thought about a 1.6 8v swap since theres no carb manifolds that I know of for the 16v. I'd really like to stay with a carbed engine as its all I know lol. I'm not looking to build it for wheeling anymore, more of a street build is what im after. The front diff will be swapped out for a narrowed jeep cherokee 2wd axle and most likely a foxbody mustang rear axle so it can handle more, easier to get parts for and have a wider selection of wheels.

This is what i'm going for. (sorry for the large pic)

https://gnarlyfaction.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/t38.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:16 pm 

That sir is one fine lookimg ride

95 geo metro. 1.3L auto parts car. (Scrap)
91 chevy sprint turbo, blueboy keeping it "stock"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:47 pm 

Carb, header, pistons, and cam will help you make good power. Do you know if it's a 1298 or 1324 G13? You'll need to knwo that to get the correct pistons. The car pistons are flat tops and the truck pistons are dished, if i recall.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm 

I have seen wher company's are claiming that they sell engines making over 100 hp.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:24 pm 

Calmini has lots a stuff for samurai.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:35 pm 

very clean sammy my friend. I am also building a street sammy. Mine is a 91 factory 2wd model. So I figured make it street. I have a Swift GT motor and a gt25r turbo going into mine. I just need to find the time to install it all at this point. What did you do to lower yours. I have lift/drop blocks but Im not crazy about the product. I'm hoping to find a better option.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:28 pm 

I don't think he is saying that is his Sammy :?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:17 pm 

Zammo wrote:
I don't think he is saying that is his Sammy :?

I totally just realized that thanks to you!

OP: Instead of fabricating up a front axle set-up. Find someone looking to convert their 2wd samurai into a 4wd and even swap them or cash on their end. I have a factory 2wd 91 samurai but I am building a street prepped sammy so the 2wd set up works in my case.