TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MSD 6A Box wiring
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:17 am 

Hey everyone, was referred here from over at geometroforum, I am having some issues getting my MSD to function on my 93 geo metro 1.0L, 5 spd. I have the 6A box and bought two tach adapters (MSD 8910EIS, and most recently the MSD8910 to try that one out) having the incorrect tach adapter may be my only problem but the new one isn't in yet, Soooo to anyone who is running this set up how exactly did you wire yours in? I've installed them on chevy and ford engines before but never a suzuki and I'm thinking I may have this incorrect. I've heard to wire it to the old negative coil wire, I've heard the wires are strange on these and you need to wire it to the old positive coil wire. Someone please offer me some clarity :D thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: MSD 6A Box wiring
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:41 am 

Nevermind, the 8910 tach adapter came in and she runs fine, so note to anyone else, 8910 is correct, 8910eis is not.