TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 pm 

AMR500 Supercharging a G10 Side by Side build

My first post! I know its long, haha..

So I’m in the beginning stages of building my version of a side by side as light weight as I can within reason. My father gave me a 94 Geo metro that the unibody rusted out.. But naturally the G10 runs like a dream still! I have other Samurai and tracker toys, so pretty familiar for the g13, g16 engines so the g10 was a natural choice for this build… difference is my other toys I run propane with forklift carbs.. .so very simple ignition/fuel. I wanted to do something different / fun here. I have a bit of experience with supercharging so I decided to get an AMR500 supercharger. I plan to use the CTS mod with a 2-10psi adjustable pressure switch to start adding fuel at 2psi. I’ll use a 5k pot at the 2psi level. I also plan to run NGK BR7ES spark plugs (cooler plug) and high octane pump gas with 104+ additive. I also plan to tee off the vaccum hose going to the MAP sensor and install a check valve before it to bleed off the pressure before the sensor. I’ve heard it will kill fuel if it sees the pressure?? In the end ill be using an AEM 30-4110 Wideband sensor to make sure I’m not running lean
The g10 had air conditioning but I removed that. I have yet to fab up my bracket but I plan to build a bracket for the AMR500 to run off the crank pulley where the AC was powered from. I’m shooting for 7psi or there abouts… I’m looking for input here! Here Is my math for pulley ratio for my desired 7ish psi. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

(1)Engine litres per minute @ zero psi-
1.0 x 6000 ÷ 2 = 3000 lpm

(2)Boost ratio-
Desired boost in psi + atmospheric psi ÷ atmospheric psi = Boost ratio
7psi + 14.7 = 21.7 ÷ 14.7 = 1.476 (boost ratio)

(3)Actual air requirement @ desired Boost psi-
Boost pressure ratio x Engine lpm @ zero psi = Actual air requirement at boost
1.476 x 3000 = 4,428 lpm @ 7psi boost

(4)Supercharger rotor speed in rpm
Actual air requirement ÷ Swept volume of the supercharger = Supercharger rotor speed
4,428 ÷ .5 litre = 8,856 rpm

(5)Pulley ratio- Supercharger rotor rpm ÷ Max engine rpm = pulley ratio
8,856 ÷ 6000 = 1.476 should be the ratio in a perfect world. I then added 30% for overall loss . So I end up with an estimated ratio of 1.91.
My 4 rib crank pulley is about 5.5 inches in diameter so I purchased a 6 rib alternator pulley with a 2.95inch diameter pulley (actually 75mm OD with 17mm ID) so my supercharger should ratio will be 1.86:1. I couldn’t find a 4 rib pulley even close with a 17mm ID so 6 rib it was.

Drivetrain spec
Suzuki G10 1.0L
Samurai 5spd Transmission
Samurai transfer case with 6.5:1 aftermarket gears
Samurai axles stock gearing, mini spool rear lockrite front
Wishbone or triangulated 4 link in the rear, 3 link front all ¾ heim joints on one end and bushings on the other.
I’ll be running BKT 8-16 Ag tires about a 32” diameter.

I’m looking for any input on thoughts or concerns I might want to be thinking about on my build.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:04 pm 

TRY this ....
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61122

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:04 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:05 pm 

TRY this ....