TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:44 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My hybrid build
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:37 pm 

Are you using stock cams?

About timing belt, what are you using?

Im build and Hybrid to but to run with 12.5:1 CR
Plan to go turbo in future.
Im going to use stock valves but a 10mm lift solid cam, and have problem with lifter, dont found solid lifter of 31mm diameter and work with that cam.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:32 am 

Yes they re stock cams i got out of a spare head i bought. I dont remember the measurements we took off them but i remember they were just a hair larger then stock specs but thats all i know. They were the best set out of the 3 i had. So we will just call them stock. The timming belt is from a b18 or b16 honda.

And for the record i just got it to crank last night. It only will idle but thats better then nothing. Now time to tune it a little befor it gets dyno tuned.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:20 pm 

Ok at the dyno now waiting to get a part back from the machine shop and then tuning time. If im feeling nice and generous i might try to take some videos of it tomorrow. Im wanting 270whp but on his heart breaker i hope to get 250whp. We will see how well my 440cc injectors do but i know i need bigger but dont have any money yet. So time for a little extra fuel pressure. I will see if we can do a 1/4 mile pass on the dyno to see what numbers are possible. The car is dirty and not finished so remember that i just need it running and tuned so the rest can be done and i can be motivated. thanks Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:08 pm 

Ok coils arent putting out hot enough spark and are blowing out at 4-6 psi. So on a 3rd gear pull it put down 100whp and 150lbtq. That was with it cutting out befor 4000rpms. Trying to get the problem taken car of and then will be back to try again. I dont think thats too bad though so far

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:42 am 

Ok an update. I have got a set of 750cc injectors that i havent put in yet. Got the ms set up for the ls coils. And ................. it runs. And it boost. I havent done anything with the tune from when it was breaking up. It pulls decent but i still have soft rev at 5500 and hard at 6000. Dont know where the timming is but it runs and i will work on the tune later. The bad thing is these 205/50/15 neo gens hook and i think its the cv joint that broke hitting second. I have to go in a few hours so i can pull it and see car is at friends house near where it broke. Im only running 5-6psi right now also. So more to come soon. Hopefully its only the joint. Thanks Stephen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 pm 

good and interesting project
I hope you can resolve those details soon and good luck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:40 pm 

Ok i checked when i got off work and apperantly the hardened layer was cut throug because it actually twisted the axle off about a 1/16 of a inch after the splines started on the short axle on trans side. Im going to see if i can get a new one made cheap for right now out of like a tool steel and then ill look around and see if i can find any comanies that make after market cv axles. Thanks Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:19 am 

Car is running good on 5psi. The new axles are a hair to long so i have to wait till monday to call them and let them know so maybe they can shorten them a half inch each. Slowly its comming along. Im going to try to hit the dyno later to see what it makes on 5psi and a lazy tune.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:50 am 

Ok new update. I decided to go thru the motor after spinning a bearing. And i found my problem. When i got the rods i got them used because they one had a spun bearing. Well that rod swelled and thats what happened so i decided to go a little farther since im working finally again with no school to worry about. I got another short block and had the block hot tanked and bored to 75.5 and the head surface cut. I bought a set of wiseco pistons and a new set of pauter x beam rods. So i have the bottom end together with acl bearings and arp main studs with 1.3 girdle. Im still using the rear sump pan. Im using a reman 1.6 oil pump. Im only waiting on a set of head washers and my flywheel. I ordered a aluminum flywheel which has to be custom made. It should be 8-10lbs compared to the 24lb stock flywheel. Im using the same head just cleaned out same cams intake and header. But my turbo is up for sale because i bought a holset hy35 to put on it. I just have to get new hardware to bolt it on but i will just say it looks beautiful on there. If i remember i will take some pics but its closed up already. I drilled and tapped a vent hole in the block which has a -10 fitting in it. I have some 750cc injectors going in it too. So this time it will either hold together or make a big boom. It is about 9.8 to 1 compression and i plan on running 21-22psi. Which hopefully gets me my 300whp that i want and i will only be running 7500rpms.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:30 am 

The hy35 is an awfully big turbo for a1300. dsm guys use them for 400+ hp. I would imagine it.'d spool around 5k for your app.

12 ford focus. Wife's. 50mpgs @ 35mph 6th gear.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 am 

If you paid attention to the thread you could give me a little more credit. It is a 1.6 with the 1.3 head that is about 9.8 to 1 compression. Ya i know it will be a bit laggy in first but then again thats why i have a after market ecu with a two step so i can always use that to get it started. I know they are im just hoping i can get it in boost by 5k. Rember with these turbos its either all the boost or none so if i see boost it will be like a 500rpm 1-21psi. Thanks For the input and the record i found they did on this turbo maxed out was 600whp at 38-40psi. Thanks Stephen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:29 pm 

How's the trans holding up, stephen?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:26 am 

t did good with the little power i had on the last motor. It was only 135/135 to the wheels but i dropped it hard a few times and slammed a bunch of gears and it just took it all. I would have shattered stock trans with even that power.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 am 

Oh awesome. That's good to know since I've been thinking about doing a T3 project. Will that adapter you used work on a g10?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm 

only the one was made but he still has the jig for the 1.6 but he can easily do one for the 1.3 bolt pattern. There was never much interest for some reason. Once my flywheel comes in i can get it back together. So once i do that i will get some videos and i will see exactly what the trans can handle. I want 300whp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm 

only the one was made but he still has the jig for the 1.6 but he can easily do one for the 1.3 bolt pattern. There was never much interest for some reason. Once my flywheel comes in i can get it back together. So once i do that i will get some videos and i will see exactly what the trans can handle. I want 300whp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:25 pm 

Oh alright, sounds good to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 am 

Im just hopeing nothing stupid happens with this motor. I hope 21psi can get me the power numbers i want.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 am 

Im just hopeing nothing stupid happens with this motor. I hope 21psi can get me the power numbers i want.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 pm 

Haha yea I understand, you've put a lot of work into it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 pm 

woot flywheel sould be here this week finally. I hope its right

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 pm 

FLywheel came in today. will post pics at some point. It weighs in at a wooping 9.8lbs. THats alot better then 24lbs. I hope its not too light though. Will be getting this going next week maybe. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:43 pm 

where did you get the custom flywheel and how much? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 pm 

suzukird and it was like $520. So in the next week ill try to remember to take some pics of the motor and all that stuff beofr i put it back in. Thanks Stephen

Attachments:
custom flywheel.jpg
custom flywheel.jpg [ 60.05 KIB | Viewed 1112 times ]
custom flywheel2.jpg
custom flywheel2.jpg [ 74.73 KIB | Viewed 1112 times ]
custom flywheel3.jpg
custom flywheel3.jpg [ 49.49 KIB | Viewed 1112 times ]
custom flywheel4.jpg
custom flywheel4.jpg [ 60.05 KIB | Viewed 1112 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:27 am 

:werd: thats very nice

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next