TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:42 pm 

Im gonna try to post this as directly as possible. I have a 96 sidekick complete im converting to fit my sammi. The turbo stuff is not what im worried about. Im going to port the head and intake. My questions are there any cam options? What are the capabilaties of this engine (aka how much power can it take)? And if i need to fortify it with what parts do i need to use? I searched and really didnt find much. And if someone has any suggestions i would appreciate it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:38 pm 

hi, welcome. i would like to see you post a thread about your build progress :wink:
i believe that the 16v head on the tracker/sidekick uses the same parts as the 16v g13bb . we have one guy here who makes different cam profiles for our cars. perhaps you should look for the thread
Board index » Parts & Supplies » TeamSwift Manufacturers/Suppliers

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 am 

TheSilverBullet wrote:
hi, welcome. i would like to see you post a thread about your build progress :wink:
i believe that the 16v head on the tracker/sidekick uses the same parts as the 16v g13bb . we have one guy here who makes different cam profiles for our cars. perhaps you should look for the thread

I def. Will. And thank you. Im going to the extreme side of this thing. From the.samurai forums not many have tried this but im going to be a bit excessive with it. Im porting the intake runners on the manifold, the entire head and we are eventually going to map a good turbo for this thing. Im not looking to achieve a substantial amount of flow, just a little bit. I do however am going to attempt to significantly improve velocity of the top end. Restriction to flow creates pressure aka boost so the opp and i get more flow less boost and more power.

Ill see if i can find the guy ur talking about. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 am 

Head is the same. Cam is different since it has the distributor drive gear instead of a cam sensor trigger.

too many others to list

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 pm 

TheSilverBullet wrote:

I talked to the cam guy and he said he has a good profile so im going to pick that up here in a few weeks once i get some more details from him