TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help me with your advice
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:50 pm 
I'm very interested in this topic. I'd like to either do my SOHC up or replace it with a G13B (my original 1985 engine has done 290,000 km). What has been putting me off the latter is the EFI. I'd have to get the ECU, harness, pump and I can see the cost being high if something were to go wrong. Also having had little experience with EFI I prefer working with carbies.<br><br>Its great to see people here with so much experience. I used to own a FIAT 124 sport with twin webers and although the performance was not great, I remember the engine revving at the slightest throttle opening.<br><br>If I were to buy a 16v engine without an ecu, what is the cheapest but effective combination of carbs to use without a dedicated manifold (someone mentioned motorbike carbs?) . I want something which starts easily in the cold and is very drivable for everyday use, but blows away normal cars at the lights.<br><br>I can do a lot of the work myself as I have worked as a mechanic for a few years, but being strapped for cash, I dont want to start a project only to find out that it was a mistake.<br><br>Please give me some advice as well as what you like and dislike about your conversions.<br>Have any of you dynoed the carbied engines? I'm interested in comparing HP values to the EFI.<br><br>Cheers.<br><br>Ozzie <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:45 am 
Teamswift Racer

Go with 2 45mm weber dcoe carbs. They can be tune for daily use and make a lot of power. You also have to consider that the destributor from the G13B works with the ecu, I don't thing it will work if you don't have the ecu. I think that the distributor from the G13A will work fine but I'm not sure.<br><br>Bolivar <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:40 pm 

All the quad throttle bodies I've seen use a MAP, not MAF... <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:29 am 
Bolivar, If I were to use the webers or the bike carbs , how drivable would the car be for everyday use in traffic. I'm worried about losing low down torque with such a small engine.<br><br>Also, how did you mount your bike carbs? I read you used rubber tubing but you must have some kind sturdy mount to keep them from shaking about.<br><br>Cheers<br><br>Ozzie<br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:55 am 
Teamswift Racer

The drivebilty will depend on the jetting and tunning of the webers. Webers can be tune for daily drive cars and for racing cars, it just simple tunning.<br><br>About the bike carbs I don't know, I have 2 weber 45mm dcoe in my racing swift. The webers are mounted on a manifold specially made for the webers and the G13B made here in Panama. There are some company's that sale G13B manifold for twin weber setup but they usualy cost like $500 USD. I know TWM Induction has one.<br><br>I hope this help.<br><br>Bolivar <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Rules...........
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:47 pm 

Ozzie,<br><br>Just check with your local rego guys...the carbs may be a problem with regards to our emissions laws. Best to be safe. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:46 pm 
Are there any pics' of Swifts with 4 bike carbs???<br>I'm very interested to see them. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Carb Setups?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:32 pm 
I've also converted my mk1 gti to run on bike carbs.<br>I've got 4 separeted mikuni carbs 40mm,jet size 1,80<br>msd 6AL,8,5mm msd wires,holley fuelpressure regulator,vdo gauge and also a wet nitrous system of 40 shots installed on it ,and it runs a 14 sec flat in a 1/4mile.<br>The coming week I'm going to change the carbsjets for 2,00 and I'm also going to increase the amount of horsepower upto 70hp.on the nos system.<br><br>Hopefully I finaly gonne take some pics and I'm gonna post them on the board so that you guys can see all what I'm talking about.<br><br>Take care buddy's<br><br>lulyrast <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 1:44 pm 
Allright like I already said i have a mk1 daily driven car running on bike carbs,starts without any problem im the morning,and runs smooth,and also gives you a lot of power compared with fuelinjection in my opinion.And it has an appart way of sound,it realy makes a good sound in the engine compartment<br><br>So my advice would be ,go on with your plan.<br><br>Lulyrast <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: GTi+GSX in Samurai
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:53 pm 
<!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://groups.msn.com/derfzuki/photosclubsuzukiqc4x4.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=91">groups.msn.com/derfzuki/p...PhotoID=91</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:10 am 
Bolivar,<br> That is one seriously nice set up you've got there. What power figures are you getting from it? What size are those sidies 48dcoe or 50 ? reason I ask is it looks uncanily like mine ( only a bit neater.... OK a lot neater)<br><br>Jed <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:42 am 
Teamswift Racer

Jed,<br><br>I think power is around 160HP or maybe more. The carbs are 45mm DCOE Webers.<br><br>Bolivar <p></p><i></i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:14 pm 

Ok guys ..take a look at this web page it has been taken a long time ago but forgot tu put in on the forum..
http://www.wizardly.org/swifts/Romery/index.html

Let me know what u guys think about it...

I finally had 75hp on it running 13 sec mid..don't know how to put timeslips on the board though...

lulyrast

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:58 pm 

I hear everyone talking about 2, 2 barrels or 4 single barrels carbs.

But has anyone ever tried using a single 4 barrel carb?

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:26 pm 

Why? More restrictive path, plus you don't have 40mm or more intakes to each port.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:29 pm 

Ya that makes sense now that i think about it, I was just wondering if it had been ever done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:39 pm 

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:26 pm 

I see there is more than one way to run performance/ bike carbs on the engine to increase power/torque, But i've heard of persons installing a second factory carb for extra power, I'd assume they'd have custom manifolds fabricated. am i the only one who's heard of this.

SUZUKI ... The Joy of Driving, The Thrill of Victory

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:34 pm 

so running on carb...i can get more power on my carb?

any ideas how to do and what to do on a carb to get around 100hp?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:55 am 

Does anyone know who sells a intake manifold like the one n the picture? part number e-mail anything.
Thanks
Please send me a PM if you know where i could buy one of those

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:59 am 

question, is anyone running a G10 with carbs? i have seen a porsche weber carb thats perfect for it.

Attachments:
Instructions-1.gif
Instructions-1.gif [ 28.37 KIB | Viewed 5470 times ]
fuel_banjo.jpg
fuel_banjo.jpg [ 35.53 KIB | Viewed 7207 times ]
airfilter4a.jpg
airfilter4a.jpg [ 11.09 KIB | Viewed 6642 times ]
carb.gif
carb.gif [ 23.11 KIB | Viewed 6639 times ]
Porsche40IDAgasketpicture.jpg [145.26 KIB]
Downloaded 34 times

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 am 

Those are IDAs (down drafts), also for larger cylinder bore engines. I cast up a pair of manifolds to run them on my 2900 Corvair; a nightmare to tune, and Hundreds of $ in jets/air bleeds/emulsion tubes.