TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 11:52 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aisan 2 bbl rebuild???
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:29 pm 

I'm in a bit of a pickle and need to tap into the genius here in this forum. I've been reading through all the carb setup posts in search of what I'm needing. I don't think it is in here, but I do believe someone here knows that for which I'm searching.
(Quick disclaimer: I have been a member of the GMF for a while - please don't judge :wink: )
I am building a rear-engine trike using a 97 Metro g10 with a 5 speed. I wanted to simplify this setup as much as possible (eliminate the ECU & TBI). Simple is my best friend!
I acquired an Aisan 2bbl carb already mounted to a 3 cyl intake manifold. I figured it would be a simple rebuild job and I'd be set. Then I found out it came off of a Suzuki Cultus (Japanese style). The tab on the top has 60B30.
I cannot find a rebuild kit anywhere, and I've tried several reputable online carb sites such as National Carburetors and Guaranteed Carburetors. I really need a kit since I found out today that the accelerator pump diaphragm is deteriorated. I'm making my own gaskets from bulk, but I may not be able to fabricate that diaphragm.
Is there anyone out there who knows where I might try to find a kit or some parts? I have lots of pictures I can supply, and can take more if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Fogger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:37 am 

okay, im assuming its teh same carb on the mk1 cars.
if so, you better off with the EFI from a geo.
the stock carb on the mk1 use a computer to control the mixture, idle and fuel cut. its a pain to work with. im using an arduino and a wideband to control it and i still need more work.

look into a weber 32/36.
fits on the stock carb (will need some grinding, and still only you will use 2/3 of the secondary) with tiedown on front. idle and low throttle with suck. i had super lean spot with rich over all. at WOT it was very fun and fast.
if you get a weber, get a new one. and the smallest kit you can. im talking about 100 size jet territorry. i was tuning at 7k feet and still was getting 13:1 with the 105 jet on the primary.
and get a new weber, not a used one. the carb was touchy enough on the stock mk1 motor.

-vernon wasser-

88 sprint, 4dr sold :(
87 turbo 2dr, never ran :( :(
86 sprint, 2dr current DD! :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:51 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to wonder... :? :?:
This carb is NOT the same as the mk1 cars. It is very much different as I have already googled the crap out of it and haven't found a match yet. It looks like a basic, simple set up with an idle mixture screw and vacuum secondary. No computer controls at all. The car was only manufactured for sale in Japan. Another version was sold in Pakistan. Definitely NOT an American version by any means!
I do not want to go with a TBI setup as that is what I started out with on the donor Geo Metro and do not want all the hassle of messing with an ECU. It's going to be a trike. Simple, not racing, no performance concerns. Just putting around town and maybe a long ride if possible. I just want to atomize some gasoline and suck it into 3 cylinders.
As of right now, I have fabricated all of the gaskets including the bowl gasket (quite the challenge) and the only thing I lack is the accelerator pump diaphragm.
When I get home where I can access some pics, I'll post a couple to show you what this carb looks like.
Thanks for the advice, but I plan to make this one work. I've priced new Webers and they are not within my tight budget.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:08 pm 

Here are a few shots of what I have: (electric choke and a half dozen vacuum cans removed)

The square housing with philips head screws and a lever down the center (lower right) is the accelerator pump. It's actuated by a cam mounted on the throttle shaft (picture 4 - right side)
Just above the accelerator pump is the triangular plate where a bowl vent solenoid should be mounted. I could tell there never was one.

The bowl sight glass is bow tie shaped. I've seen these on other carbs, but that's the only similarity I've noticed so far.