TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:15 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:37 am 

Unfortunately I won't make this one. I don't have a deal together for anything I've looked at down there. I may have a line on a parts vert but it won't be finalized until the following weekend. one of these days I'll get to a lower mainland meet.

I suppose I could steal l4mbch0ps GT that is stored at my place but I'd be falsifying the insurance to do it and I don't think he'd be too happy with me if I did.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:25 pm 
The Smuggler

Well we had 4 cars and 5 members out, rain held off although it was a little cold we stood around talking cars as usual
met a couple new members, wish more of you would show up :roll:
Jr was thinking of doin it again next Saturday but its a busy time of year for most.

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:44 pm 

Awesome meeting doods. Occasionally I meet people I can B.S. about cars with. Far, far, far less frequently do I bump into people I can B.S. about cars with who know what they're talking about because such people have invested years of effort into accquiring their knowledge and aren't inclined to give it away for free. To meet up with four people who know what they are talking about and are all driving the exactly the same car I am is totally awesome. Thanks for the idea on removing the stuck inner CV joints Knuckles, and all the other info too. Squish and deerhunter I am very interested in seeing how adding the turbo to a g13B works out, if you need to look at the stock factory turbo setup again or whatever, PM me. Knuckles Jr. thanks for the info on the limewire replacement and all. ttys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:04 pm 
Paul Jr.

You're welcome coaster. Didn't turn out too bad, doubt the rain date will happen next wknd. Might as well just keep our ears open for a spring meet :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:46 pm 

sorry guys, really wanted to make it to this one. hopefully the spring meet.... although my turbo just started sending a lot of oil through the intake. gotta get that sorted out first.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:32 pm 

no spring/summer meet?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:44 am 
Paul Jr.

We had a Pacific North West meet in central Washington last month. Haven't even really thought about a local one as I've been busy with school. But would be totally cool to do

I'm gonna start a new topic tomorrow and see what kind of interest it sparks. Maybe end of august, other like the 20th or something for coffee?

~Jr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:26 am 

If you can make something later in the year (around mid November), I'll be watching for that. Work will be easing and I might be able to show either with my vert on trailer (heading for body and paint) or my DD. Either way, I expect to have a variety of GT parts available to other members from the three I'm stripping right now. Meet in Langley and cruise out to Chilliwack and do a pick a part run, see if we can get a bulk discount :D . I know it's a crappy time of year to be in the wreckers but it's the only time (other than early spring) I could make it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:41 pm 
Paul Jr.

Sure, November sounds like a good idea. Hopefully when there's no rain lol

I'll keep it on my radar. Even feel free to start a meet yourself if you're comin down here to gauge interest

~Jr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 pm 

Yea I'm down for whenever. Sundays work best for me