TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Exhaust header
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:31 pm 

Ok, so I know I am kicking the dead horse here, but after having Suzukird essentially tell me that they aren't interested in my money I have come to the conclusion that we are on our own for performance headers.
Short of coming across a 2001 manifold assembly and salvaging a flange from which to build a header it seems modification of a existing header would be optimum. There are some interesting (read cheap) options for the samurai/sidekick. The motor I am working with is the 16v SOHC from a 1998 Metro. Does anyone know if the flange from the early 1990 trucks is similar enough to that engine to modify to fit?
I.E. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1115/?rtype=10

or http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-39500/

The Pacesetter looks easy enough to mod to make the curve under the engine oil pan, I like the build of the hedman better. Unfortunately these both being 4-1 headers, I would eventually want to make 4-2-1. Luckily I work at an exhaust shop!

That being said, I am in no way against throwing the exhaust straight out of the driver side bumper area. I have seen a Honda doing it and it is attention grabbing.

Any help is appreciated, even if it crushes my dreams. I just refuse to do business with a company like Suzukird who blatantly ignores customers or potential customers.

Post subject: Re: Exhaust header
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:03 am 

All 16v sohc mpi heads are the same (at least in this instance.)

From what I've seen so far my 93 16v sidekick, 98 16v swift, and 98 16v esteem all have the same head.

too many others to list

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:21 am 

Thanks VR4! That means that I should be able to get a header for cheap and modify it to fit. I am leaning towards the Hedman set. Any ideas on it guys?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:24 am 

The manifold from the 2001 car (and possibly earlier with pre-cat) are fabbed out of steel tubing. The flange can be cut off, and used on something like a home made, or Honda header (cheap on ebay). Another option would be a stock Swift GT manifold with minor mods to make it bolt on. The runners line up, and are 2 mm bigger than the head port. It's excellent for a stock manifold, and is 4-2-1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:43 pm 

Once again Mike you prove to be the all knowing!

Now to source a flange :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:37 pm 

do you mind if you can make me a good one too ?

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:17 pm 

Well, as soon as I can get back the money that was supposed to be going to Suzukird, I will make myself one and post pics! I might be able to provide some details on how to do it.