TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:28 pm 
Island Inbreeder

I was over at redline looking for skirts and stumbled on this .....WOW
at $ a pop I would love to get a couple....very cool
I wish someone would through us a bone (bzchi)?

Last edited by jaguar,vettes&sprints on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

They do look good, and it's a great proposal from one of the members, but as YET nothing has occurred.

These clear timing belt covers for the twin cam motors have been brought up before on redlinegti.com, but nothing has come to fruition. Like many ideas/proposals that come from members, some offers go really well (stainless steel brake cables, dash mat offer etc) but many either crash before even getting of the ground, or they become a major disaster when people pay and then nothing happens, and then there are threats, legal actions and one big cluster f*ck (hmm the latest Teamswift T-shirts fits in there somewhere)

I do hope they are created, and for sale as I believe the sales would be well supported, and there would be an international market (until the Chinese see the sales and make them for 1/5th the price and hten the original creator decides its not worth it)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 pm 

wonder if the cover was vauccume formed and what the temperature limit
would have to be for it to keep it's shape. injection molding would be great
if you had the original molds otherwise $$$$$$$$$

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 am 

Over on the celica alltrac website there was a group buy for them, specific to the 3sgte engine. The company that made them was called zaklee corp or something so.

This is what my googlebot landed: http://www.zakleecorp.com/index.htm

Maybe one of you esteemed members from within the USA can send them an email and see what they say?

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 pm 

jaguar,vettes&sprints wrote:
I was over at redline looking for skirts and stumbled on this .....WOW
at $150 a pop I would love to get a couple....very cool
I wish someone would through us a bone (bzchi)?

throw me a freakin' bone here

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:40 pm 
Island Inbreeder

PBC137 wrote:
Over on the celica alltrac website there was a group buy for them, specific to the 3sgte engine. The company that made them was called zaklee corp or something so.

This is what my googlebot landed: http://www.zakleecorp.com/index.htm

Maybe one of you esteemed members from within the USA can send them an email and see what they say?

Thanks PBC137
These are very cool I think it could happen maybe we should see if we could get a group buy
for as better price we know the aussies always pay more

Anybody interested .??

I don't know what the price would be but if we could get a count of people that would be interested

I'll start off

JV&S (2) maybe+1 more

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:12 am 

I'd be in for a couple. Perhaps this should get moved to group purchases.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 am 

Ok some good news. Following my previous post, I sent the good folks over at Zaklee Corp. an email and they responded within a couple hours.

The main man there is a cat named Rob, really cool guy. He said that he can pretty much get it done. He of course wanted an idea of what year swifts the cover would fit and if we could translate our interest into numbers.

I know that at his prices (circa $100) that there will be some serious demand for it, and I told him that we would get some figures back to him soon. So I think we can now create an appropriately named group-buy thread to garner some interest following what you guys started here.

I was even giving thought to funding a run of the covers out of my own pocket and then selling to members, if need be, but I'll wait on Rob to see what he says. He is currently attempting to procure a oem upper cover from the local Suzuki dealer nearest to him....if that doesn't pan out, does anyone have a spare they are willing to donate to the cause? I would have gladly sent him my one and only but the shipping would make much more sense for a US-based member to send it to him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:26 am 
Island Inbreeder

PBC137 wrote:
Ok some good news. Following my previous post, I sent the good folks over at Zaklee Corp. an email and they responded within a couple hours.

The main man there is a cat named Rob, really cool guy. He said that he can pretty much get it done. He of course wanted an idea of what year swifts the cover would fit and if we could translate our interest into numbers.

I know that at his prices (circa $100) that there will be some serious demand for it, and I told him that we would get some figures back to him soon. So I think we can now create an appropriately named group-buy thread to garner some interest following what you guys started here.

I was even giving thought to funding a run of the covers out of my own pocket and then selling to members, if need be, but I'll wait on Rob to see what he says. He is currently attempting to procure a oem upper cover from the local Suzuki dealer nearest to him....if that doesn't pan out, does anyone have a spare they are willing to donate to the cause? I would have gladly sent him my one and only but the shipping would make much more sense for a US-based member to send it to him.

Very cool thanks again PBC137 for doing the extra effort
@ 100 ea I will take (3)
I would caution you at buy alot and selling them here you might get stuck
So will you be moving this to a group thead section .?
.............................................................................................JV&S

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
G-Whiz wrote:
I don't let just anyone work on my cars. Like the saying goes, "You don't let another man mess with your wife, so why would you let him mess with your car".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm 

Anything I can do for the community I will man, no problem.

Yeah thanks for the heads up on me funding the run myself....as I said eh...it was just an idea being toyed with. I didn't even consider the logistics of distribution or anything like that as yet.

I just think that this is a cool part that is too good not to materialize.

Finally, yes the group buy thread has been established, so please ppl, show ur support there!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:23 pm 

I'm in for one.
I've been wanting one of those for a longtime now.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17218

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros 210/340 chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: Genie headers, SuzukiRD UD pulley,Sandros Chip,3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM,, B&G springs.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.
Aruba "one happy island".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:45 pm 
Island Inbreeder

instant_shine wrote:
I'm in for one.
I've been wanting one of those for a longtime now.

http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17218

that is sooo cool a blast form the past the only Homie left is the "Ol Man" (T3ragtop)
I wasn't awear
Thank for the trip down memory lane
I'm still in for 3 @$100ea....jv&s
see you studs in the group buy section

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
G-Whiz wrote:
I don't let just anyone work on my cars. Like the saying goes, "You don't let another man mess with your wife, so why would you let him mess with your car".

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:07 am 

You will find them for sale in Ebay.com.au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SWIFT-GTI-G1 ... 416555c619

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:23 am 

How much would these in Australia cost in USD ?

Ken...

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:22 pm 

About $156 US

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:59 pm 

Can they make these for a geo metro?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:23 pm 
Island Inbreeder

kel wrote:
Can they make these for a geo metro?

Ha,ha,ha that's rich.!
we offer $160 @ for a group buy no bite's
anything is possible if you can do it yourself good luck...jv&s

[url=http://s288.photobucket.com/user/usrtool1/media/2a_zps01896eff.gif.html][img]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/usrtool1/2a_zps01896eff.gif

t3 ragtop wrote:
suprf1y wrote:
G-Whiz wrote: