TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:31 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:51 pm
Posts: 10
Location: London
My 1.3 SOHC G13 has a weird problem maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

From cold it will start and warm up, idle perfectly fine. As soon as i drive the car down the road a few hundred yards it will start to kangaroo around and stall. It will start perfectly fine again and idle straightaway, as soon as i put into gear and push accelerator it will cut out, it will keep on doing this until the battery goes flat!

It started a few days ago, but i just revved it up and dumped the gear and got going, but this morning it got much worse and I had to leave the car at home. I bought this car with absoubulely knackered spark plugs, after i changed them the car was fine, but now it is playing up i suspect the plugs i will check them again. Is there any issues on these with distributor cap adjustments or HT leads, cut out switch?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 am
Posts: 501
Location: Lithuania
Could also try checking the fuel filter, worked on my other car

_________________
I ride a Honda, but I drive a Suzuki.

99 Honda CB600F Hornet
90 Suzuki Swift 1.6 GLX 4WD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 1059
Location: Vancouver, Best Cannabis
try pouring one of those gas-line/injector cleaners in the tank, seafoam works if you can get it in the UK .

_________________
Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:51 pm
Posts: 10
Location: London
yeh i can get injector cleaner from work, but i don't think thats the problem. Iam running it on super unleaded which in UK is 99 octane rated, will check the filter anyway. I just drove the car tonight for a short journey and it was fine did not splutter at all =)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:09 pm
Posts: 28
Location: Varna, BG
It looks like vacuum leak. Check the hoses.

_________________
https://sites.google.com/site/suzukiswiftinfo/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Kansas
My '96 started bucking on acceleration. I learned to "drive around" the problem while trying to diagnose it going down the road to work and back everyday. I was 99% sure it was a plugged catalytic converter, leaving 1% that it might be plugs/wires.

I went the cheap & easy route and replaced the plugs and wires first... no more bucking. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 1059
Location: Vancouver, Best Cannabis
Trooper91xs34 wrote:
My '96 started bucking on acceleration. I learned to "drive around" the problem while trying to diagnose it going down the road to work and back everyday. I was 99% sure it was a plugged catalytic converter, leaving 1% that it might be plugs/wires.

I went the cheap & easy route and replaced the plugs and wires first... no more bucking. :D


my car gets major bucking. but my ignition system operates flawless. could be something else.

_________________
Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Posts: 274
Location: New York
I had serious bucking issues and it turned out that the TPS sensor wires were not making contact properly. I removed them and fixed up the wires abit and the problem was gone..

This may or may not be the problem for your case but thought I'd just put it out on the table.

_________________
'87 Chevrolet Sprint Turbo
'89 Suzuki Swift GTi 16v 1.3L DOHC - Sold


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 1059
Location: Vancouver, Best Cannabis
meenhaj wrote:
I had serious bucking issues and it turned out that the TPS sensor wires were not making contact properly. I removed them and fixed up the wires abit and the problem was gone..

This may or may not be the problem for your case but thought I'd just put it out on the table.


Would this be the connection AT the TPS or somewhere else along the lines >?

_________________
Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Posts: 274
Location: New York
It is at the TPS. I can try taking a pic later today if possible and post it if needed.

_________________
'87 Chevrolet Sprint Turbo
'89 Suzuki Swift GTi 16v 1.3L DOHC - Sold


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:37 am
Posts: 1059
Location: Vancouver, Best Cannabis
because the tps unit is a female connector so then it must be then the terminals of the male connecter end on the wiring harness.

_________________
Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:03 pm
Posts: 274
Location: New York
You are correct sir.

_________________
'87 Chevrolet Sprint Turbo
'89 Suzuki Swift GTi 16v 1.3L DOHC - Sold


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group